Sign in to follow this  
DragonSoldier

How to create your own game???

I bought this game to create my own game and there isn't a damn option on the main screen to create a game... just gives me a list of internet servers to join other people's games.

The easiest way to play singleplayer is to select MANAGE LOCAL SERVER (right below character name) there should be a pause then a small white Server panel, select START OFFLINE SERVER (easier than an online one).  Your server should then show under the LAN tab, so join what shows in LAN.  After you are finished playing and quit, make sure to "Shut down server" using the same white server panel. It is not the most intuitive but it sure beats trying to start a small multiplayer "friends and family" private server.   There are still some server options you can select however I recommend NOT fiddling with too much at first as you might ... create issues. it is not a user friendly process. Once you gain confidence you can start experimenting with a tweak here and there.

If you get stuck with those 'two simple steps', then I      HIGHLY RECOMMEND   using MootRed's youtube walkthrough (but try first click-click those two buttons, as "too much information" is sometimes as bad as too little:

Currently there are two premade maps, the easiest one to start on is CREATIVE map, Ocrea.  ADVENTURE (Heavenord) has some towns and NPCs which will sound interesting but you will run into some KINGDOM issues, such as being KOS in some areas or unable to build in many areas). Save that for a day you feel able to tackle some possible challenges.  

If you are totally brand new, it will be MUCH easier to start on a public server and announce in CHAT you are a new player looking for guidance, many villages pride themselves in introducing the game, and the ingame "tutorial" borders on completely non existent.   Then once you get the game figured out, it will be easier to abandon public servers if you prefer private play.

It's  a REALLY REALLY REALLY GREAT GAME, but the learning curve is steep. However, I have over 5 thousand hours in the game on Steam, and way more than that on the official "Wurm Online" online game (which has a monthly cost but no upfront costs).  I've been gaming since the NES, and never have I run into a game where "I got my money's worth" as much as Wurm -- both WO/WU but especially WU. Many people give up the very first time they try, but find it a little easier to pick up on a later attempt. Youtube videos are your friend. Once you get >HOOKED< there is no turning back ... I jump back and forth between singleplayer and public multiplayer.  Many people play online multiplayer but choose remote locations and play almost as a hermit, so that is a way to go if you prefer singleplayer but prefer some occasional guidance-on-request.  For a quick illustration of how COMPLEX the game can be, Gamester4Life has something like 230 SEPARATE TUTORIAL VIDEOS,  anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour long each, walking through various processes such as cooking or blacksmithing. Don't try to learn everything at once though as you will hit info overload easily.

Here is a more short and simple one:

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 5