Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Creature Cage Testing!

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I can not log into the test sever to see, I updated passwords a few months ago and that change did not carry over to the test server.

Correct, the live passwords and the test one are totally interdependent.

3 hours ago, Tich said:

Correct, the live passwords and the test one are totally interdependent.

So how do I get this fixed?

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

So how do I get this fixed?

I would recommend just starting another character. Characters on the test server don't need to be registered; just log on with a new name and password and it'll work.

37 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I would recommend just starting another character. Characters on the test server don't need to be registered; just log on with a new name and password and it'll work.

First off this is none of your business, but I will elaborate in any case.

My 15 characters require 5 email accounts and I do not feel the need to add a 6th to my life.

2 of my accounts have deeds on the test server, where I have been doing extensive testing on various things for some time now and would not like to start over.

You do not need to register a new character with an email account to create it for the Test server. You can run the client and type in any name you want. There is no need for it to be associated with an email account. I tested this earlier today.

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

You do not need to register a new character with an email account to create it for the Test server. You can run the client and type in any name you want. There is no need for it to be associated with an email account. I tested this earlier today.

This does zero in solving the problem with the deeds I have on the test server and some tests I have been running for over half a year, so really unless you have admin access and can sort out my problems, this is none of your business.

You're right, I don't have any way to help you with that. I was responding to your post regarding needing email account registration. For anything deed-related, you'll have to get someone to help you. I suggest going to the animal crates starter deed and seeing if there's someone there who can help you out.

4 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I suggest going to the animal crates starter deed and seeing if there's someone there who can help you out.

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

• Like 1

Unlike crates, it is not possible to drag the animal cages between containers - would be nice if we could drag the cages between different transports...

On 6/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, JakeRivers said:

So how fat are these cages, can you load 4 cages and a wagon into a knarr?

Wagon and 4 cages fit into a knarr, there is a little extra space - somewhere between a small and large crate.

Can you care for an animal which is in a locked cage (in other words, can you put a new carefor on a ven 'on the spot', as soon as it crosses a serverborder and looses it's current carefor)? Anyone tried that yet? Else servercrossing means nothing for all those ven's people have kept for ages on other servers, waiting till they could take them across - they will have to remain on the server they are on after all, despite that long wait.

A few notes on these cages:

1) missed huge on cared for vulnerable insta croaking if taken to another server

2) cages too fat, they really should not displace room in your cargoholds that you normally have, make them small but you can still limit the number of cages carried if you insist on these limitations (I know can't have fun in wurm, but it would be nice)

3) not auto leading animals when taking them out of crates sucks, especially if you have to remove the gear first, whats up with that anyways? (scared players would have too much fun again?) we should be allowed to leave the gear on, especially if you can't figure out a way to auto lead the animal when removing it from a crate, had a miserable horse run up the side of a mountain on me yesterday when I was playing with cages for the first time on indy

Edited by JakeRivers