Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Creature Cage Testing!

Purpose:

Creature cages are a means to transport a small amount creatures in vehicles, over water, and from one server to another.

There is a purple GM sign at the starter deed to teleport the creature cage test deed on the Western side of the server.

Overall Info:

• Cage will decay on boat the same as a Large Crate, item inside “shouldn’t” decay.
  • Cages will take damage quickly when a creature is loaded in a cage.
  • Pregnant creatures cannot be loaded.
  • Only led creatures can be loaded into cage. (this should cover most permission cases).
  • Any leadable creature can be caged, the “Load Creature” action is only available when the performer has a lead creature.
  • Data is server specific, so a loaded then unloaded creature will retain all data from that server, if the creature has never been to a server it will have no data i.e. perms, carefor, mother / father, uless mother or father is on that server, on the destination server.
  • You can still manage a branded creature if it is on your server, and is branded there, via manage menu. If a branded creature crosses and has no brand on the destination server, it will have no brand unless branded till it returns.
  • Hostiles can be loaded if they are A, leadable, B, Dominatable / Leadable.
  • Caged creatures on deed count towards animal ratio.
  • Cages take damage at a much faster rate when there is a creature stored in them, when the cage is 80 or greater damage the creature is auto dumped to the ground on the tile the cage was on.

Amount of cages per vehicle:

• You cannot transport creatures in a rowboat or a small sailing boat or large cart.
  • Wagon: 2
  • Animal transporter (New land vehicle incoming): 4
  • Knarr: 4
  • Corbita: 5
  • Cog: 6
  • Caravel:  8

Features to test 

(If you are unsure of what to test, here are some ideas)

• Brandings and permissions crossing from Oracle to Baphomet and back.
  • Giving away pets while in a cage.
  • Trading ownership of caged creatures.
  • breaking as much as you can with as many ideas as you can
  • Building a animal transporter/creature cage.
  • If you have specific things you’d like to test, i.e. dominating, priests, or other various features, you can join IRC via the ingame console by typing “irc” without quotation marks and asking for a GM to assist you. GM’s will be available throughout the day to help, but there may be delays in doing so.

Where do I report things wrong?

This thread!

Short guide to the test server:

On 4/4/2017 at 11:46 PM, Retrograde said:

Setting up

To set yourself up on the test server, we have a special function that can provide weapons, armour, basic tools or materials, and allow you to set your skills and characteristics. To access this menu activate any item, right click the ground and select 'Test'.

test.png

When you spawn a new account on the test server, you will receive some basic chain armour and weapons. To obtain tools simply use the test menu to spawn "basic tools" to get:

• saw
  • compass
  • carving knife
  • steel and flint
  • hatchet
  • hammer
  • mallet
  • trowel
  • stone chisel
  • pelt
  • whetstone
  • file
  • small bucket

Link to test client here:

http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_test.jnlp

• Like 2

Issues so far:
- Locks disappears when crossing server border to Baphomet and says Needs a Lock to manage permissions.

- While on Baphomet, can't unload animals from crate that I loaded from starter animal deed, but able to unload and load crate from knarr.

- Crossed back to starter animal deed and still can't unload animal from crate.  Lock is gone too that was originally put on while on this deed.  Can load/unload from knarr with no issue.

- Unloaded animal crate while in water.  Crate is now gone.  So is horse.  No where to be found. Was off deed.

- Tried to unload 2nd animal crate in water, but close to shore. 2nd crate is gone and animal with it. Was on deed.

- Still get bug crossing servers where you are not on boat after crossing and have to right click disembark then embark again.

Please Add:  Show owner of the cage on the cage since can set permissions?

Edited by nicedreams

27 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Issues so far:
- Locks disappears when crossing server border to Baphomet and says Needs a Lock to manage permissions.

- While on Baphomet, can't unload animals from crate that I loaded from starter animal deed, but able to unload and load crate from knarr.

- Crossed back to starter animal deed and still can't unload animal from crate.  Lock is gone too that was originally put on while on this deed.  Can load/unload from knarr with no issue.

- Unloaded animal crate while in water.  Crate is now gone.  So is horse.  No where to be found.

- Still get bug crossing servers where you are not on boat after crossing and have to right click disembark then embark again.

Please Add:  Show owner of the cage on the cage since can set permissions?

When you unload them in the water they can be hard to see but they are on the bottom on the ground underwater totally not drowning.  Unless you where in shallow water and still couldn't see it I though the same till I managed to hover over it the other day they blend in well.

The lock issue, I believe if you place another lock on it will resolve it and let you access it again, its an issue with crossing and locks on items in general currently it's on the bug list already if its that same issue if not let us know.

Well I think it was my fault.  I wasn't opening the cages to unload the horse from the cage.  I was right clicking the cage looking for the option to unload.

So I'd suggest putting option so when right clicking the cage you can unload the animal since it's the same way you load it in the first place.  That's where I was getting confused.  Unless you can put more than one animal in a cage I don't see why not adding it to cage itself.

Must have not been paying attention other times uncage the animals while cage was open.

Crossed server border few more times and no issues now.

Edited by nicedreams

[01:50:39] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.   Deed settings were off, but fixed now.

My only complaint with everything so far is the 1 pet policy. Crates are great but I can only move 1 unicorn at a time really?

[02:27:34] You have a pet in a cage, remove it first, to tame this one. (when attempting to tame another)

[02:29:02] This animal is caged, remove it first. (When managing from inventory)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niki said:

[01:50:39] That would be illegal here. You can check the settlement token for the local laws.   Deed settings were off, but fixed now.

My only complaint with everything so far is the 1 pet policy. Crates are great but I can only move 1 unicorn at a time really?

[02:27:34] You have a pet in a cage, remove it first, to tame this one. (when attempting to tame another)

[02:29:02] This animal is caged, remove it first. (When managing from inventory)

This is intended, not a bug. 

Test stable client crashes on my Mac, so currently unable to try this ?

Issue has been resolved.

Edited by Wulfmaer

My passwords no longer work on the test server, are you going to be doing a reset or anything on there in the future?

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Amount of cages per vehicle:

• You cannot transport creatures in a rowboat or a small sailing boat or large cart.
  • Wagon: 2
  • Animal transporter (New land vehicle incoming): 4
  • Knarr: 4
  • Corbita: 5
  • Cog: 6
  • Caravel:  8

Do these creature crates take up the space on say a ship so if you have 4 crates loaded you will have no room for a wagon?

Issue with animals remaining tamed :

• Tamed a bison on the Baphomet server
  • Sailed back to Oracle, tamed a deer, loaded him in the animal crate, loaded that into the ship, sailed back to Baphomet
  • Unloaded the crate and unloaded the deer - the bison stayed tame the whole tame, and the deer was tame as well (showed green outline, could lead him)
  • When right clicking on ground Pet -> Go here, it was the bison that responded to my commands, the deer did nothing
  • Left both bison and deer there (tamed), sailed back and got a tame dog on Oracle the same way as deer
  • Sailed back to Baphomet, unloaded it and it was still tame as well. Both the bison and deer remained tame
  • Was still only the bison that responded to the 'go here' command
  • When I tamed another bison there, only my first bison went untame, the dog and deer both remained tame (green outline, could lead)
  • Unfortunately not sure on which server the animals originated on, I found the deer and dog in the Oracle test starter area but they might have been transported before
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Kasumi said:

Issue with animals remaining tamed :

• Tamed a bison on the Baphomet server
  • Sailed back to Oracle, tamed a deer, loaded him in the animal crate, loaded that into the ship, sailed back to Baphomet
  • Unloaded the crate and unloaded the deer - the bison stayed tame the whole tame, and the deer was tame as well (showed green outline, could lead him)
  • When right clicking on ground Pet -> Go here, it was the bison that responded to my commands, the deer did nothing
  • Left both bison and deer there (tamed), sailed back and got a tame dog on Oracle the same way as deer
  • Sailed back to Baphomet, unloaded it and it was still tame as well. Both the bison and deer remained tame
  • Was still only the bison that responded to the 'go here' command
  • When I tamed another bison there, only my first bison went untame, the dog and deer both remained tame (green outline, could lead)
  • Unfortunately not sure on which server the animals originated on, I found the deer and dog in the Oracle test starter area but they might have been transported before

should load up all 3 take them to oracle and unload and see how many stay tamed

Tamed a chicken and loaded it into a cage - the crate says 'EMPTY' in the hover over text.

Sailed over to Baphomet and unloaded chicken - it still has the green outline so tamed, but manage animals is not available, so I assume that the server thinks I have no animals to manage!

@Wulfmaer I think the no manage animals is because Baphomet is a PvP server that does not use the Manage Animals system.

If cared-for does not transfer between servers, there will really need to be lots of ingame warnings about this when crossing, and a grace period after unloading an animal to prevent it instantly getting polled for age and dying, or there will be a lot of players getting mad that their venerable animals will be prone to spontaneously dying after crossing.

• Like 3

I don't see why they just don't put a tag on the horse which server it comes from.  Make that horse follow all same rules of X server it came from until rebranded or uncared for by owner.  So if I take a horse named "(xan) fast coffee" from Xan to Deli which was cared for while on Xan it would still take my care slot from Xan and not transfer to Deli, but still be cared for.

I'm assuming these servers don't talk to each others databases and possibly the reason it's not like this.  Just seems more reasonable to add a server tag to creature and carries the attributes(variables).  But if Deli doesn't update Xan's database for the horse then see it not happening.

Of course always easier to say than to do.  lol

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Of course always easier to say than to do.  lol

Indeed it is.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Noizhead said:

If cared-for does not transfer between servers, there will really need to be lots of ingame warnings about this when crossing, and a grace period after unloading an animal to prevent it instantly getting polled for age and dying, or there will be a lot of players getting mad that their venerable animals will be prone to spontaneously dying after crossing.

I have added a message to the person loading, if the creature is Venerable, it will display a warning about crossing with said creature.

So how fat are these cages, can you load 4 cages and a wagon into a knarr?

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Test and see.

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

The OP states 2 for a wagon.

Looking good so far.

Able to load/unload empty and full crates, able to load more than one crate on a ship, transporter. wagon.

What makes it be a closed Crate compared to an open crate?

I have put in an animal tamed and not tamed (Same animal) and its an open crate. I put in a Hell Horse tame and not tame and it stays open. I put in a Unicorn and it closes with planks. all the same crate.

3 hours ago, ausimus said:

Test and see.

I can not log into the test sever to see, I updated passwords a few months ago and that change did not carry over to the test server.

1 hour ago, SmackedDown said:

Looking good so far.

Able to load/unload empty and full crates, able to load more than one crate on a ship, transporter. wagon.

What makes it be a closed Crate compared to an open crate?

I have put in an animal tamed and not tamed (Same animal) and its an open crate. I put in a Hell Horse tame and not tame and it stays open. I put in a Unicorn and it closes with planks. all the same crate.

Some creatures do not have there own specific model, the closed cage is just there as a generic model in those cases.