Sign in to follow this  
Ulixes

(solved) Cannot Build Brick Staircase (of any kind)

I have been playing for quite some time, and I ran into an issue with building. I was replacing my wooden flooring to brick flooring, when I encountered a problem. I am trying to make a brick staircase, and even though I have all the prerequisites and items in my inventory, I cannot build it. The game is saying I need the items, I already have in the inventory (seen below picture).

What is wrong?

f2B3Rog.jpg

Edited by Ulixes

Do you need a hammer activated instead of a trowel maybe? And that is just an incorrect error message?

ive always has to use the hammer to make my spiral staircases. Although they’re technically wooden so maybe it’s  different. 

The shafts say weight 1.40 so perhaps the first one in the stack is not a full shaft and therefore is seen as not fulfilling requirements? Try dropping the partial shaft and see if the error persists.  

Wiki claims you can use either mallet, trowel or hammer (but wiki has been known to have errors) so my guess is that the partial shaft is seen as lacking required items.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

1 hour ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

The shafts say weight 1.40 so perhaps the first one in the stack is not a full shaft and therefore is seen as not fulfilling requirements? Try dropping the partial shaft and see if the error persists.  

Wiki claims you can use either mallet, trowel or hammer (but wiki has been known to have errors) so my guess is that the partial shaft is seen as lacking required items.

How silly of me, this was indeed the problem. Thanks a lot!