Sign in to follow this  
GilwenAistrinas

Cannot open launcher

Hi! Got a new laptop, Windows 10, Windows Defender. Installed java (latest version first) and hit the play button on the website. All I get is the Wurm Online symbol and underneath I have the text: "This seems to be your first time playing". Unlickable. Cannot scroll or anything, so went to the activityfield to close it. I tried again, this time trying to launch it as admin. Same thing happening again.  Double checked everything, made sure the firewall isn't blocking anything. Thought it might have downloaded wrong, so tossed it and replaced it. Same thing all over again. Changed java versions - first uninstalled the java I had, then we got an older one that we know wurm runs on (8/162). Nope, same thing. So my boyfriend and I tried to "cheat" and simply copied his wurm folder and placed it at the same spot his was at on my laptop. Nope. Same thing again. Deleted it, restarted the computer and made a new try. Same thing still. All I ever see is the logo with that text beneath. He is used to computers and has done everything he can think of to try to help me, but it just refuses. If anyone knows what can be done, I'd be ever so grateful.

Best regards,

Gilwen

If the laptop has a 4k display it might be an issue with windows high dpi scaling, you can try typing "dpi" in the windows search thingy and setting scale to 100%, then up it again after the first time window is dealt with.

My boyfriend got it to work tonight and he did this: he changed so that the Nvidia graphics card was used instead of the intel and then we used another browser to download the game from. Now it works as smooth as anything :P \o/

• Like 1