Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Lurker in the Deep

Lurker in the Deep is not working. Constantly get "You fail to make sense of the pendulum.", even on known special tiles. I asked in CAhelp and someone else  was unable to get a pendulum to work on their known tile either. My pendulum is 58ql with 70 LitD.

I didn't try in just 1 spot, but over a wide range of area. According to wiki, my pendulum should have a range of near 80 tiles. I'd be fine with a no fish found message, but all I got was failure messages for well over 100 attempts. My water dowsing works 1 in 3 at worst.

I can confirm that they do work, but there does seem to be an excessive amount of failure messages. I couldn't get any success messages until I was within 3 tiles of the spot.  I'm wondering if the "moving depending on the season" part meant that they rotate the special fish, or do the physical fishing locations also move?

47 minutes ago, koroth said:

I can confirm that they do work, but there does seem to be an excessive amount of failure messages. I couldn't get any success messages until I was within 3 tiles of the spot.  I'm wondering if the "moving depending on the season" part meant that they rotate the special fish, or do the physical fishing locations also move?

In my experience, it can be both a different fish and no special fish at all.  I also seem to only get proper messages within 5 tiles or so, using a 98 lurker pendulum

I feel like the "failing until super close" is to allow finding different fishing spots, but back in the day it only showed one spot, now the pendulum shows multiple at a time so it can surely be adjusted.  Dunno if it would in this case be a suggestion or bug, though