Well, here we are, and I know somewhere, someone has thought of it but I'm putting this suggestion in.

“Buoy Marker's”.

Would be great to place (in the water) to mark and check distance's using the dioptra, combined with the marker flags we are able to create, with regular or mooring rope. This would allow measurement of deep water to perhaps calculate: dirt amounts, slope, distances more efficiently. Simple but highly needed idea. It could also be used to put on a dirt pillar for bridges, of which dirt is being added, to calculate remaining amount needed to finish.

• Like 1

+1, I'd also like to state something. If you were a proud owner of a coc rod laying in the middle of the ocean in exodus (I think, or inde), I'm sorry for taking it. I thought somebody was just dropping junk to fit stuff in their boat and then realized that the fishing rod could have possible been used to mark a special fishing spot. I know this suggestion is about buoys for measurement, but I felt like this could have replaced the fishing rod marker.