Sign in to follow this  
Qwizat

Show tower guard clothing and weapons

I know that clothing and weapons and can be given to tower guards to use, but wouldn’t it be great if they actually showed up on their avatar?!!!

this has been a long time dream of mine, to be able to tell the guards apart and to make living with a tower more dynamic.  Imagine being able to have a cloth wearing staff wielding monk and a guy in plate with a huge axe, another in chain with dual med mauls ECT.  Being able to tell the difference between them could really add another level of realism vs the same old outfit the tower guards wear.   Best of all it would give people reason to make more armor and weapons to outfit their guard friends.  

Please add this feature :)

Edited by Qwizat
  • Like 2

Damn, I remember when I first read about this when starting out, but completely forgot about this for a long time. Yeah, this should definitely be a thing. +1

Guards are criminally underequipped, I'm not even sure anyone does it at all...probably because anyone from the kingdom can manage their equipment. Personally I wouldn't be too worried about people taking the stuff from them in practice, there aren't many travellers around, but theft is definitely a potential problem why this might not be done too often, and making the equipment visible will really tempt some longfingers as they don't even have to tediously check every guard. So I think it's reasonable to talk about securing the equipment at the same time.

I could think of a simple solution: Deed association trumps kingdom association, guards of a tower that is part of a deed can only be managed by citizens of that deed. There could (probably even should) be an extra deed permission for "Managing guard equipment". Towers in the wild would remain fair game basically, equip on your own peril. This shouldn't interfere with PvP by any means.

To secure towers in the wild, the tower itself could have manageable permissions like carts and ships,  and the equipment permission is tied to the tower itself. But guard towers play an important role in maintaining a kingdoms perimeter in PvP, I'm not sure how people over there will feel about this being tied to some individual. Or if they even use this feature at all, not because of neglect as is probably the reason on Freedom, but because it's not worth it over there?

• Like 1

+1. Theft would be a problem though that would have to be figured out...Maybe make tower a container that will hold gear(but not being able to put things in by players, only way that gear apears in tower would be upon guards death, something like bee hives and honey) when guard dies with the permission set to maker of tower?

• Like 1