Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Valrei scenario bugged?

The last Valrei scenario spawned all the items needed to win in Fo's starting hex, and he won as soon as he moved. Nothing was awarded, however, the scenario end notifications didn't go out on the servers (nothing in area history), and the Valrei victory notification has a blank where it says "Fo has gathered the - required to win".

I'm guessing that having everything needed to win spawn in the home hex triggered the issue (and I won't mind if Valrei is changed so that can't happen again).

Fo has now moved out of the Myriad, and he's showing as carrying a collectible from the -last- scenario.

I also noticed that even though I've done no missions this scenario, I still have my points from the last one.

Rather curious to see what happens when Fo returns to the Myriad with the Valrei item required for the last scenario...

So, oddly enough, having last scenario's item was enough for Fo to win. This time, my scenario points reset, and the victory message looked right, but nothing was awarded. :(

Additionally, Fo is -still- carrying the old scenario item, and instead of being headed off to an adjacent hex, he's headed back into the Myriad. I'm getting the impression we could be in an infinite scenario reset loop. :(

I guess noone else cares or seems to want to post about it(besides Rocc). The current scenario seems to be in an infinite loop win for Fo. No response from in game support after dozens of hours. No reply here.

It's time for a new system to distribute tomes. This one is either bugged or unplayable due to enemy interruption of avatar movement. E.g. (Sabotage)

Add fun new ways to aquire tomes!

So, the scenario didn't end this time when Fo returned to home, but it sure looks odd. Fo seems to be getting hourly mission cancellations and respawns (the missions expire in the past), and his time to next move appears to be a negative number.

Devs, I'm not looking for a quick fix, but acknowledgement of the situation would be appreciated.

Oh, and I opened a support ticket on this two days ago, but haven't heard anything.

Edited by Roccandil

Someone karma'd Fo out of the Myriad, which "fixed" the mission reset issue, and he's no longer carrying the old Valrei item.

Looks like we're still bugged, however: Mag left Golden Jungle without fighting Fo. I'm wondering if Fo can't attack or be attacked right now (interesting advantage/disadvantage).

I did hear back on the support ticket, so it looks like the developers are aware of the problem.

By the way, this means I wasted 10K karma communing Fo to Golden Jungle. :(

Edited by Roccandil

Bad thing is that it ruins the hours of work that players put into missions - okay still getting karma but the fun part and the competition is gone now :S

Did not get resolved with the restarts around the updates either so I'm a bit afraid how long will it take to be back on correct track.

Well, another scenario down:

- Once again, Fo and Mag did not fight (bug?);

- Mag won, but I see no message about a tome being rewarded (seems odd);

- The gods' locations were -not- reset, even though a new round of items was placed (bug?).

Sleep bonus is the only reason I participate in this bugfest with poor rewards.

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

Mag won, but I see no message about a tome being rewarded (seems odd);

Bug is possible, but more likely someone that put in the most effort to win a tome was careless and went to freedom and as such when you're off epic on scenario ending, you dont get the reward and it goes to no one else (this was the fix for when I forgot Mrgary was on freedom and won a giant walnut from Mag on Independence and reported it (before someone screeches I had the walnut moved to epic))

The rest are are many year old reported bugs, as said before, welcome to Valrei

1 hour ago, Roccandil said:

Once again, Fo and Mag did not fight

As said already they are allied and have been for years

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

As said already they are allied and have been for years

Does that really make sense? After all, they're competing for the scenario win, how can they really be allied?

24 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Does that really make sense? After all, they're competing for the scenario win, how can they really be allied?

No which is why I said in your other thread that it is stupid and should have been fixed a long time ago...