Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Underground Foliage (Including "Farming" Mushrooms)

Alright, so I had an idea about the lack of "life" inside of caves, and was thinking along the lines of how players want to be able to grow mushrooms inside of caves now. The idea would be, letting us "pave" cave tiles using dirt, that would let us cultivate them and plant mushrooms on them, and tending and ect. But as for the rest of this idea, would greatly be pushing the "fantasy" envelope for Wurm, as I think it'd be nice to be able to grow 1, maybe 2 types of trees inside of caves... granted normal trees, wouldn't grow in caves, thus this would have to be some sort of fantasy tree that wouldn't exist in real life, or be one of some sort of lore instead, as well as a few bushes of the same nature, and possibly even a type of "grass tile" too would all be grand. These could even be plants that emit low levels of light as well, to add to lighting caves, and can only grow within caves maybe, all spit-balling ideas at this point :)

I know I can't be the only one that finds caves to be too dreary and would love an option to green them up a bit, breath some life in, add a touch of fantasy to it all :)

• Like 9

+1 Big time. We can live in caves now, we should work towards making life in caves self sustaining in some way.

• Like 1

Dunno but I want glowing mushrooms. Big, glowing bastards instead lamps.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Flubb said:

+1

Also, not flora, but these randomly spawning in (larger?) caves could also liven up the place a bit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalagmite

Think it may be "odd" to add/code, but I'd agree it'd be neat to see them :), plus their ceiling counterparts, which we can already kinda do with a huge sloped ceiling, but still something with an actual model would look much nicer :) 

+1

I am thinking a nice avatar looking jungle down below \o/. Florescent plant life would be slightly realistic anyway. As it is now I can't stand caves. Must have non man made light please :D

• Like 1

Идея интересная ?

У меня дома есть такая. Для исследовательских целей и как кормовая база для некоторых насекомых.

Там самое главное подготовить основу то, и найти хорошую грибницу.

Вот только то что она должна быть под землей это так себе. У меня она на чердаке.

А вот сделать возможность в доме делать подвал. Например не больше чем основа дома. Это было бы круто.

---

The idea is interesting ?

I have one at home. For research purposes and as a food base for some insects.

There, the most important thing is to prepare the foundation, and find a good mycelium.

That's just the fact that it should be underground is so-so. I have it in the attic.

But to make it possible in the house to do the basement. For example, no more than the basis of the house. It would be cool.

Edited by TheZvir