Sign in to follow this  
Shydow

[No Bug] Traitor Sea creature vanishing

Today, I found a Traitor Champion Blue Whale in the South West area of Release. After a short bit of combat, I had to back off to tend some wounds, and prepared to finish him off. While bandaging on my boat, I watched as he started moving to the West, crossing the server border, and simply vanishing from existence (had him selected and targeted, both immediately switched to nothing selected). There is a Rowing boat near the area named "Zora's Hand" at roughly T8 on the in game map. The mission is still active (it had just started 30 minutes prior), but the creature is simply gone.

Name: Everyone: Magranon's jest
Creator: System
Started: 5/27/18 11:29 AM
Progress: 1.0%
Expires: 6/3/18 11:29 AM

Difficulty: 7 / 7
Description: Magranon commands you to slay the traitor champion Blue whale seen fleeing from Valrei to these lands. It was last spotted in the southwest regions.
Rewards: 15m sleep bonus for the person who completes this mission as well as 3500 karma per creature with 210m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

yikes...

4 years later this still happens today

1330d3a9b296260ea876ea1335b1140a.png

c35a7f2a35b777a307f4bac7127fd542.png

Not a bug sorry for the confusion it being calling one, its intended to keep things from crowding on the edge of maps they will vanish close to the map edge.  The traitor creature dying without failing the mission is from its pvp roots of these being pvp missions and denying your enemy a traitor kill was something you could do.

6 minutes ago, Darklords said:

Not a bug sorry for the confusion it being calling one, its intended to keep things from crowding on the edge of maps they will vanish close to the map edge.  The traitor creature dying without failing the mission is from its pvp roots of these being pvp missions and denying your enemy a traitor kill was something you could do.

What pvp on pve map?

@Darklords, You had mentioned in another post (which I can't seem to find at the moment), that this would be fixed on the PVE maps. Is there any ETA on this yet? Thanks!

Pretty rough time-waster when players are out searching for something that has poofed and no longer exists on the map  😦