Sign in to follow this  
Sirene

ground to moist/ water is too deep - tolerace adjustion

Hello,

I wish we could plant or sow on grounds that are near the waterline without the message the ground is to moist or water to deep if the ground is clearly not under water. Even trees that would grow on a tile that slightly is bended into the water would look really good. It would also look much better to be able to plant grass or reed on the edges to the water (tiles that are half in the water half out of) so that we dont look at those ugly dirt edges anymore. I always try to conceal it with sand... but it would look nice with some grass or moss or reed or kelp. Isnt that something we could get? 

So two wishes: Ability to plant and sow near water tiles but over the waterline. And ability to plant something on tiles that are partly out of water partly in the water, so have a nicer coastline look.

Cheers :)

• Like 3

I agree, especially with hedges along the edge of water. 3 of the N/S/E/W sides can be planted but one side can't because of this issue.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 5/27/2018 at 11:14 AM, JakeRivers said:

If you can drink on the tile its too low

If the tree can drink on the tile it will die. Understood

+1 to OP

You either have a tile that can grow reeds/rice or a tile that is dry for the rest of the crops, can't have them both.

For crops ok, but Trees and grass half under water wouldnt do any harm to the economy and it would just look so much nicer than the dirt tiles. Its just about the look of the waterline. Not grass under water, or trees, just on the tiles that are bendet/ half over half under water. 

• Like 1

Overpowered mechanics Irl. Open spoiler to see. Horrifying and should definitely not touch wurm. *Sarcasm*

Spoiler

10753799184_95da08160e_b.jpg

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

You either have a tile that can grow reeds/rice or a tile that is dry for the rest of the crops, can't have them both.

You can't plant two different crops in 1 tile, I don't see the issue other than realism with specific crops.

14 minutes ago, Sirene said:

For crops ok, but Trees and grass half under water wouldnt do any harm to the economy and it would just look so much nicer than the dirt tiles. Its just about the look of the waterline. Not grass under water, or trees, just on the tiles that are bendet/ half over half under water. 

great that is all we need, underwater tree's blocking off canals

13 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

can you seriously not cut a tree....

14 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

when I am sailing I don't want to spend time cutting a path through the water

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

No...  No I cannot.

But even I think this needs a +1

Just pave your canals (underwater paving has been requested so many times now)

• Like 1

let the silly idea's keep flowing, no end to my entertainment

new meta for chaos, instead of dropping dirt in a canal just plant tree's

pic_13365_64249.png

Edited by JakeRivers

20 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

let the silly idea's keep flowing, no end to my entertainment

new meta for chaos, instead of dropping dirt in a canal just plant tree's

pic_13365_64249.png

Or...  Just disable it for chaos, so everyone is happy?

Ideally, I think grass should be allowed to grow on tiles where any one corner is above water.

I've done a lot of diagonal roadwork along canals and shorelines, and there's always that ugly dirt dropoff that would be much better off as grass.

• Like 4

It's   NOT REALISTIC   to say trees and grass cannot grow along a shoreline

20071103-_MG_2902.jpg

roanoke-shoreline-showing-defoliated-tre

websize%20(8)-8.JPG  wiser.grassyshores.acrylic.jpg+copy.jpg  

grassy-shoreline-at-sunrise-along-the-sc

DSC_1597r_edit.jpg   filename-polecatcreek.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4

On 6/1/2018 at 6:03 AM, JakeRivers said:

...or just pave your canal...

Also, allow it to the depth where rice can grow, not deeper.  It means we can make shorelines pretty with grass and trees and shrubs, yet they won't spread to deeper water  (so only adjust to the depth of rice crops).

Alternatively, create a new item which will grow in moisture tiles with the look of a tree and grass (and some other underwater plants) but which are holograms (not solid so never blocking sailing), so we can create pretty looking shorelines and marsh areas, ponds etc. These items can only be planted by players, not grow and spread like other items, since they are not really living things.  

I would be content with being able to plant kelp or moss only in "half and half" tiles. That should sidestep most gameplay balancing issues and make it purely cosmetic. Especially if it "fades" into other grass type textures. Kelp and moss will create no blocking issues, will not compete with "farmable" tiles.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

14 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

That should sidestep most gameplay balancing issues

There are no issues with this if trees, hedges, grass, etc. are enabled to grow when one edge of the tile is above the waterline. If the remaining edge is dug down below water level then anything on it should rot away or be removed immediately. This suggestion just deals with shorelines and not trees, etc. out in the middle of lakes and such as some would attempt to make into an issue.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

drop a dirt and problem solved. 

Disable on chaos isn't really an answer, it's dumb change. If you're a Mag priest on a boat on freedom and your canal is blocked by a tree, how you going to get past it lmfao. 

-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Also, you should really look into tree spreading issue before asking for trees to magically grow along/in water lol. You'll quickly hate the idea. 

Edited by Mclavin

On 6/3/2018 at 10:17 PM, Mclavin said:

drop a dirt and problem solved. 

Disable on chaos isn't really an answer, it's dumb change. If you're a Mag priest on a boat on freedom and your canal is blocked by a tree, how you going to get past it lmfao. 

-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Also, you should really look into tree spreading issue before asking for trees to magically grow along/in water lol. You'll quickly hate the idea. 

This wouldn't really be an issue as long as it still requires part of the tile to be above water, unless your canal is really, really, narrow. And if it is, you can pack or pave it.