Sign in to follow this  
Andobi

Prunedb

I've just gone back to my wurm unlimited server after a few months not playing. When I logged in, my deed got deleted, and then my character got deleted too. Next time I logged in it was a fresh character and stuck out in the ocean at 0,0. Not a fun start back!

After some research I've learnt that prunedb was set to true and this is why my character was deleted, subsequently without the deed holder the deed got deleted too. 

Why is prunedb set to true by default? Or maybe it has been set during the server update that happened when I started it up. Either way this is just stupid to make that a default setting.

Is there a way to recover the characters that got deleted or are they gone for good?

The replacement character has spawned without any of the starter gear for some reason. I'd much prefer to recover my characters but if that is not possible then how can I get a proper fresh one with the gear?

It is true because, well for example a guy called gary here on the forums would call this a "poor development decision" others would call it different.

You can't receover any data.

I don't know why new characters suddenly spawn without gear, that should not happen at least. It doesn't happen for me at least.

Well, I started from scratch with the characters. Deleted the one with no gear and started again. I do wish this setting defaults to off, I've changed it now anyway, hope that my post helps some others.