Sign in to follow this  
Bradcub

Wurm Online Steam Release

So I was talking in discord today and I came up with this crazy idea that Wurm online does a release on Steam. But the strange thing was the more I thought about it the weirder it was for me that Wurm online wasn't already on Steam even though Wurm Unlimited is. Think about the amount of free advertising the game would get. The constant stream of new players finding the game and wanting to check it out maybe even sticking around and getting addicted like the rest of us. The constant boost to the economy from people wanting mats to build deeds and gear out their toons. You could even sell Prem and silver on the steam store meaning I can finally get rid of my CSGO skins for something useful... lol. I honestly can't think of a bad reason for this. Hell it might even boost the pvp servers so we can stop spamming the forums about dieing pvp servers. 

Please to whoever it may concern Please release this game on steam. We might see the games player base grow once again! 

• Like 9

Does WO have a .exe file, because you need one for steam I think.

And they take a big chunk of all money that gets made there :(

Edited by Timoca

+1

Just have to figure out how to tell them its free for the most part with a paid type of subscription.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong though if Wurm Online did decide to release on steam I think they should hold out until the new UI update and maybe improve the tutorial/new player experience to maximise the exposure from such an event. Would be cool to hear from a dev saying this is something we would be interested in doing and would look into it. I know it would probably go a long way to reassuring people that there is a bright future ahead for the game for many many years to come. 

Edited by Bradcub
  • Like 2

+1 Save Wurm

The only issue will be the server slots if an huge mass of new people will arrive!

8 minutes ago, Davy said:

+1 Save Wurm

The only issue will be the server slots if an huge mass of new people will arrive!

That is a good problem to have.

I'm not sure how steam would feel about players being able to sell silver.  They might want that changed so they can sell silver.