5 hours ago, Keenan said:

There's no achievement for becoming a developer. :(

Sad_Panda_Chibi_by_mongrelssister.png

• Like 3

This is a Massive step forward for Wurm, placing items onto things. I was Always put off by Freedom because the main reason for me to play there would be to Decorate a house. But I'd just decorate a floor??

I'm gonna do this on Chaos for sure, gonna walk in put my shield on a table, sword, then head over to my bedside cabinet, and finally, take my helmet off and place that on the cabinet. 

Ok last parts a joke, i sleep in my helmet boi

c34ca9a848ef6e95351abbc288016a2b.jpg

The graphics in this look so good. 

But Tapestry of Mclavin would look better :rolleyes:

be95dfd388b34478d4324a774f23bba1.png
https://gyazo.com/be95dfd388b34478d4324a774f23bba1

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

This is a Massive step forward for Wurm, placing items onto actually things. I was Always put off by Freedom because the main reason for me to play there would be to Decorate a house. But I'd just decorate a floor??

I'm gonna do this on Chaos for sure, gonna walk in put my shield on a table, sword, then head over to my bedside cabinet, and finally, take my helmet off and place that on the cabinet. 

Ok last parts a joke, i sleep in my helmet boi

You dont have a helmet. That is the way your face looks, mate!

INAmiTJ.jpg

Awesome!

Ohh and if you could pls make white dye work on stuff.. would be awesome too.

WHITE DYE!

• Like 1

Things! On tables! Yayyy so happy! 

*runs around like a headless chicken*

• Will we be able to place anything on top of these surfaces? 
  • Will we be able to place an item on top of an item on top of an item? For instance, it would be nice to be able to make a stack of books placed on a marble table. 
  • Will the items we place on them decay? Or will it be safe to decorate with food and other perishable items?

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

It should decay imo

After all the work someone puts into lovingly placing things in just the right way? I strongly disagree. However I also understand that we don't want this feature misused and using it as a way around storing such things which are not meant to be stored for long.

An option: Perhaps food and other perishables could convert to a "decorative/dried/preserved" state. And if you remove the item from the surface, it's not usable as food or or whatever anymore

Another option: Perhaps upon placing a perishable, upon removing it, it will instantly decay into nothingness

It would be interesting to know what the devs have thought about this. When using bdew's lovely threedee mod as seen in the following shots, with that you can place anything on a surface and it will not decay. This allows you to set a table with food, make a bowl or plate of fruit, put slabs of meat and butchered corpses on a butchering table etc. I would absolutely hate it if we could not do that! 

His mod also allows us to add additional surfaces ourselves. I don't expect that from the official version, but it would be very nice if there were even more options.

For instance, I've been very happy to be able to stack barrels and crates to give a space a real storage area kind of feel. 

nujelm_butcher03.jpg

Create instant pets without any fuss! Cat carcass placed on a bed! 

trollfort_03.jpg

What's that you're hammering on your anvil? Oh a sword blade you say?

placement_items2.jpg

It's clear to see from outside, that this is a butchering shop in question!

yew_butcher.jpg

• Like 5

Dang, that's one amazing mod and can see the appeal of playing wurm offline.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malena said:

Things! On tables! Yayyy so happy! 

*runs around like a headless chicken*

• Will we be able to place anything on top of these surfaces? 
  • Will we be able to place an item on top of an item on top of an item? For instance, it would be nice to be able to make a stack of books placed on a marble table. 
  • Will the items we place on them decay? Or will it be safe to decorate with food and other perishable items?

In order to go on the table it must fit on the table, i.e. the code dimensions must match. You won't be able to place really large items on small surfaces

Items won't stack ontop of each other at this point, it would create a lot of offsets and be a little difficult.

Things on tables won't be immune from decay, as like any other item in a house or container, it will work the exact same as before, just being more decorative. 

And malenas work is always amazing! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

In order to go on the table it must fit on the table, i.e. the code dimensions must match. You won't be able to place really large items on small surfaces

Items won't stack ontop of each other at this point, it would create a lot of offsets and be a little difficult.

Things on tables won't be immune from decay, as like any other item in a house or container, 

Thanks for the speedy answers Retro!

Man, I can hardly wait to get started decorating my place! Aaahh!

The removal of tome related goals are great, now I don't have to play epic anymore and can do everything on freedom ?DuVAc3L.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Dang, that's one amazing mod and can see the appeal of playing wurm offline.

? so this is the part I was leaving out when explaining why I now prefer to play on WU?  You know, where there is NOT a focus on how to make cool updates tedious, restrictive, and kinda suck (with this one: decay, always decay, and even on deed)?  It is just decorations!  How game breaking would it be to make decorations no decay if on deed.

Oh Noes, Xplayer hasn't logged in for over 10 days, so I guess there's no reason for me to go explore his area of the server to check out what everyone had been talking about.  Guess I'll just have to stay here and refresh all of my tables, benches, beds, etc...  you know, just in case someone comes by to see what I've created,  and recreated, and recreated, and recreated over again.

I always think back to SWG when I remember how much enjoyment I got out of just exploring the buildings and cities of what were usually long gone players just to see how they did amazing things using regular in-game items to make elaborate decorations.  The one that I'll never forget is someone made their guildhall look like a droid factory by creatively turning objects in all directions to create productions lines and equipment.

Speaking of decay, any chance someone will ever figure out how to make my lantern, that is in my inventory and NOT lit, stop taking stupid amounts of decay?!?!? (I just logged in, and that's the first thing I noticed) ?

Still no reply on that "Destroy a structure by catapulting it" personal goal.  Shocker.

• Like 2

Decay is considerably slowed in houses, so unless you have 1ql junk items such as woodscraps sitting around, they'll be around for a long long time. 

I've tools in a chest that i haven't touched for years sitting at about 30 damage, it doesn't take long to repair a few times, also raiding long forgotten areas still finds goods and things lying around. 

Decorations don't decay, but this isn't a system designed to bypass the natural decay of tools and objects, we offer a magic chest with a limited capacity to store things decay free, not a table. 

The butchering decorations look awesome, and perhaps better focus would be suggesting a butchered mob item for players who wish to keep them around rather than requiring anyone not wanting their deed littered with butchered mobs to walk around and bury them every day. 

As for the personal goal, I believe catapulting buildings will properly give the achievement once completed after the update

We'll also be addressing the winemaking bugs that still crop up (offline players) rerolling more PvP related ones, and tweaking a few others to be easier to attain on freedom. 

• Like 2

While I understand your sentiment@Aaron_IRLand certainly would not be keen to redecorate weekly, Retro has a point.

There is magic chests for the "storage" purpose and if decorations placed on tables were decay-free it would just be abused as storage. :(

One way I would see to get both sides happy is, that we would get a option to turn items into purely decorational items - a sword would no longer being useable as such, just to put it on a table as a pure decoration and so on and forth.

Of course with a warning popup and such, so people do not accidentaly turn their scale armor items into a pricy decoration.

I think something like this was mentioned already before in this thread and I think that sounds reasonable.

But I don't think things decay as fast; only things of the top of my head that decay quick is food and unburnt clay items, everything else with a decent QL should be fine I think.

Taxidermy in update after this, problem solved for corpses :P items should decay like they normaly do in chests

• Like 1

Re goals, I wish there was more of a variety as well. I've seen an awful lot of people now wanting to buy grapes, no one is looking for hops.  Also hear a lot about people looking forward to baking pies. I kinda wish they were more original and less repetitive.

3 minutes ago, Rumi said:

Re goals, I wish there was more of a variety as well. I've seen an awful lot of people now wanting to buy grapes, no one is looking for hops.  Also hear a lot about people looking forward to baking pies. I kinda wish they were more original and less repetitive.

This is adjusting some issues with the existing system before we retire it, allowing people to complete it if they wish before it goes away.

The new system will come later and replace the entire thing, but we'll have more on that closer to its release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

I've tools in a chest that i haven't touched for years sitting at about 30 damage, it doesn't take long to repair a few times, also raiding long forgotten areas still finds goods and things lying around.  

If there were any lanterns in there, after "years" you would now have more room to put in more tools.  I just repaired some 80ql lanterns (20+ damage) that were in the same on-deed container that held 50ql lamps that only had 1-4 damage after a few months.

Decorations don't decay, but this isn't a system designed to bypass the natural decay of tools and objects, we offer a magic chest with a limited capacity to store things decay free, not a table. 

I didn't consider the exploitation angle, or the overpriced solution when considering decorating my deed.  My bad.

The butchering decorations look awesome, and perhaps better focus would be suggesting a butchered mob item for players who wish to keep them around rather than requiring anyone not wanting their deed littered with butchered mobs to walk around and bury them every day.

@kochinac<- See he gets it.  Along with @bdew's Taxidermy mod.

As for the personal goal, I believe catapulting buildings will properly give the achievement once completed after the update

ex0rqf4.jpg

On 5/23/2018 at 4:15 PM, JakeRivers said:

Thanks for removing this, but some goals are still broken, for instance create 5000 litres of wine.

I have that goal, doesnt even try to fullfill that. I hope that also those missions, like: defeat another player using a knife, defeat another player using a crush weapon. When are in PVE i cant defeat anyone.

[combined into second post]

Edited by Lianya
unnecessary double post

Yay! *jumps around excitedly*

I hope that these items will be able to have items placed on them in the future:

Cupboard

Coffer

Fountains

Empty Small Rack (same model as the planter rack)

Empty Large Rack (Same Model as the crate rack)

Bulk Storage Bin

Large Crate

Small Crate

Larder

Wardrobe

Also I would love if candied rose petals had actual petals for their model instead of the generic candy one. Pretty please. :)

Edited by Lianya
consolidating posts
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:44 AM, Retrograde said:

The list of items that will be able to have items placed on it are the following:

Great to be able to place items on tables now in WO (like bdew's mod in WU). A few additional placement upon items I would like to see are both large and small barrels. More the old school Wurm items than these newer furnitures.

=Ayes=

On 5/23/2018 at 6:44 AM, Retrograde said:

THINGS! ON TABLES!

Long long long desired, (and even appearing as a mod) is the ability to place things on tables and shelves. We've wanted this as both players and devs for a long time now, and we're really proud to be able to unveil it today!

Thank you very much for this, excited to see what other additions are made to the game like this within the "hopefully" near future :)

Is there any chance we can get "slay valrei creature" goals removed from the list, seeing as they no longer spawn on chaos and spawn in reduced numbers on epic. One person needs to slay a sol demon but none have spawned in about a month, several of us need deathcrawlers and despite a few spawns, none have been found. Plus it counts them as a silver goal despite being rather difficult to kill, in terms of locating them as well as slaying.

Also i learned that the amount of valrei creature spawns have been reduced, so when the goal was made it was classed as relatively easy, i believe that the goal should be upgraded to reflect the increase in difficulty. Plus having to go to epic and find them means, despite the player count, there is the risk of pvp

Edited by punishlife
  • Like 3

Seems like we used to celebrate B-day the 6th of June (Swedens national day).