Sign in to follow this  
EvzenBlade

My 50Ql + forges do not stay on

I created 20 forges and put them in Ql 50+, recommended to use only 1 kindling to generate ashes. But my forges are on for only 15 minutes. I increased Ql to 59 by thinking it was in low QL, but Shydow's by 45QL lasted 35min. I have 2 other forges that I have tested and they can burn for more than 30min to create ashes. But the 20 I created, they do not arrive in 30min, I already pushed and lit. I tested everything with Shydow helping me in the game, but we do not know why my 20 forges can not, Shydow suspects being a Bug. Please help me

Does difference in QL of the kindling matter maybe?

The QL of kindling does not influence the time of burning of the forge, Shydow tested on it with Kindling QL 1 and it was lit for 35min

• Like 1

By chance, are you not fueling the forge, and @Shydow is?

No and no, we used only 1 kindling, me and him, but his with 45 QL got burned for 35min, mine stayed 15 min, with QL 59

Compare your firemaking skill to his. Is his higher? I am almost positive this influences the time forges stay lit without fuel.

@EvzenBlade

Please remember that he already said that he has two forges (50 and 54ql, he told me) previously made that do generate ash, its only the new ones that dont - despite being higher ql

21 minutes ago, Thorakkanath said:

Please remember that he already said that he has two forges (50 and 54ql, he told me) previously made that do generate ash, its only the new ones that dont - despite being higher ql

Can always try loading and unloading them and see if that fixes it.

• Like 1

Well, Shydow's skill is 30, mine is 26, but as Thorakkanath said, only the ones I created can not.
I'll load and unload to see if it works

Are your forges located outdoors ? If so, try it indoors ?

I just gave load and unload and tested, it was burning for 25min.
All are located in the outdoors

Move the forges into a house, or into a cave, and they will burn for longer.

I just left one with QL 60, had to give load and unload and it burned for 35min, outdoors

It seems it could be permission related, or related to whatever decides where the item is located. Seems like a placement bug. I'm glad that worked. Sometimes the simplest of things fixes it xD

• Like 1

Exactly, yesterday we did everything and it did not stay on for more than 15 min. Thank you all for helping me.

• Like 1