Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

FIXED Horse shoes do not use blacksmithing

Not sure exactly how to fix this.

But on the horse shoes wurmpedia page, it says "Can be made of any metal." Then, in the 'Skill and improvement' section it says..."Uses blacksmithing" and "improves like blacksmithing items".

This apparently is true, unless it is made out of gold. In that case, it should say "Uses Jewelry smithing" and "Improves like Jewelry smithing" for gold horse shoes.

I recently needed to improve some gold horse shoes, and it was jewelry smithing for sure. (not sure why it keeps red underlining my word 'smithing' here. I thought 'smithing' was a word.)

Peace, Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
fixed :-)
  • Like 1

There might be some weird special-casing in the code for improving gold/silver horseshoes.

Later on today I'll test and see what skill they use for creation and improvement.

EDIT: Confirmed that silver/gold horseshoes use Blacksmithing for creation, but Jewelry Smithing for improving. Will add to wiki.

Edited by Ostentatio

3 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

EDIT: Confirmed that silver/gold horseshoes use Blacksmithing for creation, but Jewelry Smithing for improving. Will add to wiki.

Thanks ?

Is it possible this is unintended? @Retrograde

(Sorry, wasn’t sure who to actually tag in that question lol)

I can't speak for the devs, but it's very explicitly special-cased for horseshoes made of those two materials, so I doubt it's by accident.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xor said:

Is it possible this is unintended? @Retrograde

(Sorry, wasn’t sure who to actually tag in that question lol)

5 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

I can't speak for the devs, but it's very explicitly special-cased for horseshoes made of those two materials, so I doubt it's by accident.

It was intentional.

Bugfix:  Gold and silver horseshoes now use Jewelry smithing for improving.

https://www.wurmonline.com/2017/02/24/5718/

• Like 3

I think you have misread the post and the topic. He is not saying this is a bug but that the wiki is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Kelody said:

I think you have misread the post and the topic. He is not saying this is a bug but that the wiki is wrong. 

The wiki has been updated to reflect it already by Ostentatio.

It is also worth noting (for the Wiki) that the creation QL of gold/silver horse shoes is determined by your blacksmithing skill.

I have 99.77 blacksmithing, and my gold horse shoes come out at 19.95 QL.  

Yes, I mentioned above that they use Blacksmithing for creation (in all respects), but Jewelry Smithing for improvement. I made sure the note in the wiki entry is clear about that.