Sign in to follow this  

Lately I have had horses die 2 and 3 a day, the ratio  per tile is very good  and I groom them once a day and breeding has been all over the place, I breed a 3 speed and a four speed and get a foal with one trait...what the heck is up with this?????

old age. to many on 1 tile   the ratio is just what the deed can handle. each tile can only handle x amount before bad things happen

Animal mortality is random, but usually animals die of old age. Animals can die at any age, hens at Aged, the rest at Old or Venerable. Some mods in WU change the mortality rates, so if you have recently installed any mods and not configured them properly, you may have accidentally increased the mortality rate on the server you play on. If you're not the host, check with the owner of the server if this continues to happen. Even in perfect care, animals do die - it only becomes a problem when cared for animals start dying very quickly because that would be a bug (but again something that could be influenced by false mod configurations). If you are the server owner, or your server owner needs help with anything, PM me any time for support :) 

Since the update and the creature mod patch, I have bred horses and the traits are all wonky, I breed my best horses and I get foals who are well nourished, a bit round, maybe if I am lucky one trait....I have sheep and pigs with more traits than horses.....?????????

if your animal husbandry is rather low, you will not be able to see all traits. You need 41 Animal Husbandry to see all traits, and you may have some traits on those foals you are not able to see, even if you could see several traiyts on their parents. Here is a list of when you can see various different traits:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Animal_husbandry#Traits

I have also gotten one  trait  sometimes on foals when I have a new herd without many bloodline generations in it yet. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors