Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Unloading Crates from Crate Racks - Onto Ground

This is a thought I had, that should be practical enough to implement. If we could right click on a crate inside a crate rack, and choose to unload it to where we're standing, instead of having to move it into a vehicle, then unload it from there.

• Like 2

I was honestly surprised this wasn't already implemented.

The other way around would be nice too, being able to load crates directly onto a rack from the ground.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

I was honestly surprised this wasn't already implemented.

The other way around would be nice too, being able to load crates directly onto a rack from the ground.

Yes, I could see that making sense, as long as the crate is within range of the rack. But I don't know how they would set that up, unless it does an "area check" when you open the context menu to see if there is a crate rack close enough to it =/

What's the point?  Unload the crate onto the ground, then push it 30 tiles where it needs to go?

9 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

What's the point?  Unload the crate onto the ground, then push it 30 tiles where it needs to go?

The point is, if you're in a storehouse and want to re-arrange a few crate racks, there wouldn't be a need to do clunky movement using a cart or wagon to do so. Just another "Quality of Life" addition to the game is all.

• Like 1

+1. It would especially help when I make new crates next to a crate rack, and just want to load them in without having to load them into a vehicle first.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

+1. It would especially help when I make new crates next to a crate rack, and just want to load them in without having to load them into a vehicle first.

Was very much what inspired this thought for me... Don't like having to get to a point that I make enough crates that I can't fit more on the ground there, then have to go fetch my wagon to load up sets and put them away, repeat, then put the wagon away again, and repeat :)

I think there was a suggestion about being able to pick up empty crates into your inventory that would fit in well with this, though I cannot find the thread right now. This would be great for all sorts of things and make a lot of sense as we can do the same with bulk storage bins already.