Sign in to follow this  
Attenia

Mysterious escape of champion hell scorpion

I've had two champion hell scorpions penned at a little deed on Release for months. Yesterday, I got a message from someone saying they'd escaped. One side of their pen was gone, one was lying dead, and another had disappeared off up the mountain. It's branded, so I managed to track it and get it back into the pen, but I don't understand how this happened. It's a deed I own, with a locked gate, and the only accounts that have any permissions there are my main and a few of my alts. All of these are accounts I've never shared with anyone. The deed has more than a month's upkeep. Hell scorpions do not bash fences, unless this has been changed recently? I really need to figure out what went wrong so that I can stop it happening again. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Attenia

Hell scorpions can definitely bash when they're hungry. The branded one was already out of his pen and wandering when i first found the TK that was right next to them, but the non-branded one was penned until he bashed the fence about a day later. I asked people to leave him alone, but he got killed eventually, couldn't get a hold of "Nattenia" who cared for it either.

I seen a spider once bust through a wall to eat my alt.

2 hours ago, Attenia said:

I've had two champion hell scorpions penned at a little deed on Release for months. Yesterday, I got a message from someone saying they'd escaped. One side of their pen was gone, one was lying dead, and another had disappeared off up the mountain. It's branded, so I managed to track it and get it back into the pen, but I don't understand how this happened. It's a deed I own, with a locked gate, and the only accounts that have any permissions there are my main and a few of my alts. All of these are accounts I've never shared with anyone. The deed has more than a month's upkeep. Hell scorpions do not bash fences, unless this has been changed recently? I really need to figure out what went wrong so that I can stop it happening again. Does anyone have any ideas?

Scorpions, hell scorpions, trolls, and lava fiends (there may be more but I can confirm these 100%) can and will bash fences when they are hungry. They have done this for many years. It's fairly easy to prevent them from bashing by leaving a few meat filet piles in their pen, those decay rather slowly. 

Edited by Alyeska

I saw one dead at the place of the slaying.

4a5a3e892993404c99e2e3bea925ca04.jpg

I killed the old champion hell scorpious while sailing to the public TK slaying.  I'm sorry Attenia.  I did not know the situation. I just saw him on a hill, off-deed, and was happy to try my luck against such a formidable foe.  

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 1

That's confusing, I had a hell scorp penned for many years for shield training/channeling grinds never fed and it never bashed, we also have champion scorpions from a former active mag priest that have been there unfed for years also and still are, never bashing.   Sounds more like whatever was slain bashed the wall

Thanks for all the comments, I'll be sure to feed it in future! It's strange, as I've also had scorpions and hell scorpions for years, and I've never had a problem with bashing, even when they aren't fed. I guess I've just been lucky. And Finndar, don't worry about the dead one; as you said, you didn't know. My female was the branded one, so that's the only one I really need to breed myself some more on Exo once animal crates come in :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrGARY said:

Sounds more like whatever was slain bashed the wall

Its fences were still standing when i penned the troll king, and they went down when he was still inside a cave. It definitely bashed its way out. Might have something to do with all the people walking past constantly and aggroing it through the fence.

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Might have something to do with all the people walking past constantly and aggroing it through the fence.

Highly doubt it, I had my hell scorp starving in my breeding horse pens that I was inside every single day.  If it bashed even once, it would have raise alarm and died to templar.

Also, I'm not the best code expert out there and hardly even a novice so there's a chance I'm missing something, but in WU code hell scorp isn't listed as having isBreakFence, so something else had to have broken the fence

58 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Highly doubt it, I had my hell scorp starving in my breeding horse pens that I was inside every single day.  If it bashed even once, it would have raise alarm and died to templar.

Also, I'm not the best code expert out there and hardly even a novice so there's a chance I'm missing something, but in WU code hell scorp isn't listed as having isBreakFence, so something else had to have broken the fence

Maybe a normal troll bashed it. There was a dead troll there too, so it's possible the troll bashed it and then one of the hell scorps came out and ate the troll...

Edited by Attenia

I’m curious to the resolution now also. 

I really like the last theory of a wandering troll thinking he’d get a nice snack only to become one himself haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

I have two champion hell scorpions penned in my entrance tunnel on xanadu. They will start to bash the fences when their food runs out. I just caught the male doing it a couple days ago when the pen was suddenly at 50 damage on deed, and sure enough, the food had rotted away. Perhaps it is not hell scorpion under the code that is doing it, but the " bears a mark of valrei"  that has to do with it. Just a gander, but they certainly do damage the fences.

Edited by Alyeska

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

Perhaps it is not hell scorpion under the code that is doing it, but the " bears a mark of valrei"  that has to do with it.

Would that mean that any champions or traitors that spawn for a mission will bash fences? I've also got champ tortoises, hell hounds and lava fiends. I feed the lava fiends regularly, as I know even normal lava fiends bash, but I haven't done anything about the others...

19 hours ago, Attenia said:

Would that mean that any champions or traitors that spawn for a mission will bash fences? I've also got champ tortoises, hell hounds and lava fiends. I feed the lava fiends regularly, as I know even normal lava fiends bash, but I haven't done anything about the others...

I don't know. But if Gary is right and hell scorpions are listed under to code as not bashers, there's only a couple of other things to attribute it to. However, I do suspect that they bash, as their normal scorpion counterparts do the same thing. It may just be more noticable for the champions if they do more damage whatsoever.  I do not think the others will bash, but I am not sure about it.