Thy kingdom come

Thy will be done 

On earth as it is in heaven.

Bring us today our old forum back 

And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who updated it;

And lead us not in the direction of Facebook

But delete for us this evil.

Amen.

(P.S. As a Christian this is not intended as a mockery for the prayer but damn... I really want the old forum back. Change is rough....)

Edited by Yldrania
  • Like 3

One thing I personally dislike is having confirmation every time you want to mark forum as read on mobile - I'm using this feature extensively, having confirmation doubles required amount of clicks/taps and breaks its flow.

If I had to be picky I would also add one thing - new like buttons have white background instead of transparent. :)

• Like 1

"You Reacted to this post" sounds a bit negative/impulsive/aggressive.

"You Liked" was so much more positive.

"You Emoted" might be kinder given the new options.

Just an opinion.

• Like 1

font needs work, it looks weird tbh and those wing things look odd

14ced6311e5c2e5382b453248826de0f.png

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

I have the "remember me" button checked, but I'm getting auto-logged-out quite a bit. :(

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Niki said:

font needs work, it looks weird tbh and those wing things look odd 

I am going to assume this is what retro meant when he said  ""Unfortunately the latest version has some issues with the CSS and theme, but we are working on correcting that.""

• Like 1

i'm not sure what exactly it is but something about the font hurts my eyes, either it looks fuzzy like bad text aa i think, or my eyes are going bad, or i need to stop reading skirmishes

• Like 4

It would be nice to have the option to make the grey page use the full screen, I find the thin black bars each side very distracting / too much contrast, I seem to then get a perpetual blind spot when I try to find the scrollbar or look at the text. :)

ugly, getting logged out, some of the buttons feel like ive enabled color blind mode, it no longer feels or looks like an extensions of the game. some text are cut off for me on the menu bar, graphics are layered wrong, all posts are marked unread again.... just wow

also i really dont like the way it clips information from linked threads [http://prntscr.com/jjcwu3 why is who by, when and where the thread was created more important then the content of the thread, and the formatting is wrong as well

i also just noticed i have no more option for advanced search to filter by thread category etc.... Can we pleaseeee remove our heads from our barrels, and maybe test this stuff

There is also no longer a post count listed at the top of the thread, witch i heavily relied on to tell me if there were new posts on my various thread to check on since i never seen to get ping updates when i monitor more then 1 thread.

Edited by VirusMD

Apparently password reset no longer works - it says it's sent an email, but it never arrives.  Checked spam folders, etc.

Seems like a pretty fundamental thing to break, but what do I know...

It sounds more like a mail issue than a forum update issue, as several have reset their passwords. I'll check with keenan, I assume you're Wonka, PM me with the email it was registered under and we'll get it sorted

• Like 1

personally offended by the font choice... to generic and cheap looking. The blue on the home screen is hard to read, and the weird fuzzy thing around the outside is strange looking. Looks like a kid made it in MS Paint. The body font I don't think has changed much, and is easy enough to read but the titles of threads just look off.

The black bars down the sides of the grey is very distracting, and there's too much contrast going on. Imo, the dark needs bringing up to more of a dark grey than a straight up black. I also don't feel like there is enough space between the edge of the boxes for each section on the home page (as can be seen in Nikki's SS, i'm too lazy to take my own). Looks almost stretched across the page as there's too much space in the middle with nothing in. Also the same deal at the bottom of the page where the social media links are and the bit for show/hide side bar is way too close to the edge and is almost getting cut off. May be my screen set up. 

Other than the weird blue text previously mentioned, it looks ok on my smartphone though.

It works for what it's for, but could be better. Imo, wasn't worth the time to redesign it if this is how it's staying.

36 minutes ago, Ehizellbob said:

personally offended by the font choice... to generic and cheap looking. The blue on the home screen is hard to read, and the weird fuzzy thing around the outside is strange looking. Looks like a kid made it in MS Paint. The body font I don't think has changed much, and is easy enough to read but the titles of threads just look off.

The black bars down the sides of the grey is very distracting, and there's too much contrast going on. Imo, the dark needs bringing up to more of a dark grey than a straight up black. I also don't feel like there is enough space between the edge of the boxes for each section on the home page (as can be seen in Nikki's SS, i'm too lazy to take my own). Looks almost stretched across the page as there's too much space in the middle with nothing in. Also the same deal at the bottom of the page where the social media links are and the bit for show/hide side bar is way too close to the edge and is almost getting cut off. May be my screen set up. 

Other than the weird blue text previously mentioned, it looks ok on my smartphone though.

It works for what it's for, but could be better. Imo, wasn't worth the time to redesign it if this is how it's staying.

That last line... did we not mention in the very first post that we're working on it?

I'm coming here to find actual issues, this isn't helping.

As for the "black bars" that's part of the background image and was there (at least for me) before the upgrade. The main issues remaining seem to be mostly to do with padding and text colors in some areas.  

Please keep replies here on topic with actual issues noticed from the upgrade. I'll delete off-topic posts without warning.

• Like 4

Only problem I have with the new forums so far is the headers being barely visible...

VIPuro1.jpg

• Like 2

I really hate the confirmation when I want to mark a forum read, its one extra unnecessary step, I mean if I didn't want to mark a forum read I would not be clicking on the button to begin with, and even if you didn't mean to do it, it is not the end of the world right? All the forum posts will still be there. =p

• Like 1

font still could use work

other than that, no issues, I like the speed and performance atm

edit: font is actually very hard on my eyes for some reason..

Edited by Niki
update

Couple more things:

- Emoticons don't always translate now. :)

- Occasionally the posting form stops recognizing the arrow and enter keys. This never happened before, and while it's happening, I can open up a text file and have them working just fine. Reloading the page seems to clear it up, so copying what I'm posting, reloading the page, and pasting into a new post form is a workaround.

I ... may be blind?

Where did "spoiler" go?  I love me some spoilers... I need me spoilers....  *waits 57 seconds* Please bring them back?! @Keenan

1 hour ago, Idony said:

I ... may be blind?

Where did "spoiler" go?  I love me some spoilers... I need me spoilers....  *waits 57 seconds* Please bring them back?! @Keenan

By your request, spoilers have been enabled again a couple minutes ago.

Thank you, spoilers are really useful sometimes. :)

Spoiler

Now, what are the fancy new features that are still hidden? :D

• Like 1

Indentation options? (increase/decrease)

like so,

or so

I don't see them anywhere either