Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

PVP updates eta? Epic plans? 1 server?

If Wurm became free to play, I suspect we would get a flood of russian and chinese players, trolling, griefing anything they could, trying to squeeze any silver possible from game, where silver can be turned into euros.

Or not.

• Like 1

I can't imagine a flood of trolling griefers... I would imagine a person seeing sandbox, come in to troll, then leave because they were not strong enough to hit a wall with a huge club. Takes some body str in order to do that. There is also KOS-ing with deeds. Also... whats the difference between squeezing silver out the game and participating in the market? One just sounds derogatory but they both end up with the same thing. The game itself is too slow to really "feed" a troller. If you are talking about deed it or lose it people, that would be less of an issue because less money would go into premium and more would go into deeds.

I can handle myself on pvp, but seeing dramas on pve over stolen carts, not secure items taken etc I suppose that influx of many new players would make many pvers cry like a little babies.

Summing up, would be fun.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

I can handle myself on pvp, but seeing dramas on pve over stolen carts, not secure items taken etc I suppose that influx of many new players would make many pvers cry like a little babies.

Summing up, would be fun.

stolen carts... they are locked on creation nowadays aren't they? And it doesnt take long to get 5 carp and make a home where you can drop items. Even if you don't make a home you can make a gated fenced in area where people need body str to bash in... the only drama i encountered is with building off deed. I once tried to make two bridges, one to walk and one for boat passages. In response, a staff member living near by threaten to grief it saying it was ugly and boats can't pass the big bridge. Other issues, unclaimed orchards being chopped or harvested. Then small stuff like "Darn i killed a bear on someones land and now i can't get the meat." Whoever is having pve drama more than twice a year, I don't know where you are but the people you live around suck.

On 5/31/2018 at 5:11 PM, Yiraia said:

ARE YOU BLIND!!! I have seen wurm mentioned so many fricken times! Over and Over and Over. If you type MMO odds are you arent going to find it, instead you are going to find a tab target grind fest. If you type Free Sandbox MMO WURM IS IN RIGHT THERE, first link (hope you use google). Press the second list, WURM IS RIGHT THERE. So many games out there aren't that fortunate to be in the first 2 links. If you are looking for an mmo sandbox you will find wurm. Obviously they don't like it. Now all they need to do is pop 2 silver off the ground and get some premium to get the skill to ride a cart/horse and load cargo forever. After that month, pop 10 silver or pay real money. Can you take a guess what the issue is?

tried this on a old laptop, google didn't come up with it. Maybe google comes up for us because we're always on it. 

3 hours ago, enricodandolo said:

make epic free to play lmfao

free to play challenge server would be cooler. World resets every 3 months or something like that.

8 hours ago, Yiraia said:

free to play challenge server would be cooler. World resets every 3 months or something like that.

That's kinda......... WU........ 

I still think that CC should use its own technology and host official WU servers for certain events.

46 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

That's kinda......... WU........ 

I still think that CC should use its own technology and host official WU servers for certain events. 

WU but without hacks. Which really at this point is what the pvp community really wants. Theyve kind of lost faith in the dev team to give them what they really want.

Edited by enricodandolo

It's been a while, Bladedancer here.

I haven't found anything that can quite tickle my fancy like Wurm does.  However, despite itching to play again, I have been waiting for a couple of years now for a full game wipe, reset and merging of all servers.  I have played on both clusters, extensively.  Till this day I never understood why more servers are created without removing the existing ones.

I cannot imagine this happening though, due to the massive amount of effort, time and money spent on the development of some people's characters - I can imagine why these people would adamantly refuse a full wipe.  I honestly don't blame them.

The game will ultimately stagnate slightly due to the split development process that Wurm has taken upon itself, it is terrible game design (Coming from a games programmer).  To attract a new audience, bring back old players and reinvigorate Wurm, my suggestion is a full reset of the game and a re-release with new maps, on one cluster and with a clear and single path of development.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drenai said:

It's been a while, Bladedancer here.

I haven't found anything that can quite tickle my fancy like Wurm does.  However, despite itching to play again, I have been waiting for a couple of years now for a full game wipe, reset and merging of all servers.  I have played on both clusters, extensively.  Till this day I never understood why more servers are created without removing the existing ones.

I cannot imagine this happening though, due to the massive amount of effort, time and money spent on the development of some people's characters - I can imagine why these people would adamantly refuse a full wipe.  I honestly don't blame them.

The game will ultimately stagnate slightly due to the split development process that Wurm has taken upon itself, it is terrible game design (Coming from a games programmer).  To attract a new audience, bring back old players and reinvigorate Wurm, my suggestion is a full reset of the game and a re-release with new maps, on one cluster and with a clear and single path of development.

Sounds like Wurm 2.0. :) In which case, I could see the developers leaving Wurm 1.0 running as-is for a while in parallel.

But please, if we do Wurm 2.0, I want to see a true 3D cubic world. (I'd need more than a reboot of the current featureset to leave all I've done in Wurm 1.0.)

15 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Sounds like Wurm 2.0. :) In which case, I could see the developers leaving Wurm 1.0 running as-is for a while in parallel.

But please, if we do Wurm 2.0, I want to see a true 3D cubic world. (I'd need more than a reboot of the current featureset to leave all I've done in Wurm 1.0.)

They already said Wurm 2.0 is not going to be a thing.

53 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

They already said Wurm 2.0 is not going to be a thing.

I can dream, can't I? :)

• Like 1

Then i'll dream about an armor balans update for Freedom/Chaos.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2018 at 6:19 AM, Mclavin said:

Since animal crates are worth 500 responses per month, update the community that lurks in the shadows or most commonly known as the discord pvp section and Skirmish threads.

Is epic really being kept alive with zero future?
Is a split pvp community better than 1 whole community?
Is a new map coming?
Armor changes coming to chaos? Are "Balanced Updates in Wurm PVP" really a feature these days stuck to 1 server??
Are Anti-Alt mechanics such as View distance from caves a Feature these days stuck to 1 server??
Road map??
A simple yet repeated line of SoonTM???
Player gods??

ANYBODY

Priest update...

Tower chaining update....

Deed penalties.... bashing bonus....

Plenty of "PvP" updates in the works.... but Epic is dead, sorry bruh.  No change the Devs can make is going to make the population jump by the desired 5,000% on Epic.

36 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

No change the Devs can make is going to make the population jump by the desired 5,000% on Epic.

Skills going both ways, so people slightly interested in Epic won't be forced to skill on freedom?

• Like 1