Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

PVP updates eta? Epic plans? 1 server?

Since animal crates are worth 500 responses per month, update the community that lurks in the shadows or most commonly known as the discord pvp section and Skirmish threads.

Is epic really being kept alive with zero future?
Is a split pvp community better than 1 whole community?
Is a new map coming?
Armor changes coming to chaos? Are "Balanced Updates in Wurm PVP" really a feature these days stuck to 1 server??
Are Anti-Alt mechanics such as View distance from caves a Feature these days stuck to 1 server??
Road map??
A simple yet repeated line of SoonTM???
Player gods??

ANYBODY

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 7

Are we to the point that if a certain spell is OP on Chaos we can just cross over to Epic to enjoy a balanced version of the spell? Is this what the wurm future is?

Balances for one server and one-sided broken combat for the server that devs deem secondary? Despite more players and more money being spent? 
Maybe the recent Heal buff should have just been kept for Epic and we'd be told it's a feature to have balance so go play there? 

Anybody want to highlight what the point of epic is right now where loot/kills/deaths/deeds/affinities/skills just have zero meaning on a stagnate cluster and map?

• Like 1

Close the dead Epic server and start real work on PvP on the Chaos server.

no man we're just gonna keep having 47,000 massively agreed with threads on pvp that the devs ignore while they keep trying to add content for a mYsTeRiOuSlY dwindling pve playerbase and pvp continues its slow descent through the 7 circles of hell

• Like 1

But they're busy making dyes... And will be, for the next 3-4 years, after that they'll tell you what PVP update is gonna be coming, but they'll take 5 years to implement it and it's gonna be so full of bugs that we all just go play ex-MR battlegrounds on Exodus instead of playing on Chaos

• Like 3

Just do a fresh server , Keep all accounts current on the existing servers. Make a fresh arena for PvP with current freedom skill code. Day 1 skills  lets have a fresh reroll. No mail. No moon metals no player gods, no meditation paths and no HOTA.  Pretty sure this isn't the option for everyone. Time will tell who rules the land not pocketbooks.

Edited by onesickpuppy
  • Like 4

Also would be cool to get answer to meditation overhaul, when thats gonna happen?

3 hours ago, Hawkinson said:

Close the dead Epic server and start real work on PvP on the Chaos server.

To keep focus on one of the servers, first they would need to do anything pvp related. And they don't, so what's the point of closing anything?

They got plan to help Epic by introducing transfers. And that could work if people could make one time copy of their freedom toon on Epic, so they would not need to grind it from scratch and could jump into pvp.

But devs introduced constant transfer from freedom to Epic. And probably decided that their work with pvp is done, with that brilliant idea.

Just shut down constant transfers of skills, from freedom to Epic, and maybe in time some people will choose to go back to Epic instead freedom-boredom or real real real cash pvp Chaos.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 1

I'd hope that any PvP changes are thoughtfully considered and not decided on a whim nor because a select group of very vocal players decided it so. There are massive business and playability factors to consider with any change of this scale.

I'm sure many of us would like to contribute our views if any consultations were to take place.

• Like 5

Tfw select group = 90% wurm pvp community spread across 6 kingdoms. 

You're not kidding anybody by saying 1. It's a selected few.

2. The real selected few are affecting anything in what you call a massive business factor. 

It's done. 

Why are people who literally quit for two years piping up about pvp now at its all time low??? 

37 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Tfw select group = 90% wurm pvp community spread across 6 kingdoms. 

You're not kidding anybody by saying 1. It's a selected few.

2. The real selected few are affecting anything in what you call a massive business factor. 

It's done. 

Why are people who literally quit for two years piping up about pvp now at its all time low??? 

Oh yeah girl run that game. Let's troll the guy suggesting that they don't make snap changes based on limited information and opinion.

• Like 1

I think there are still a few things in game that haven't had their colors altered yet, any other changes will need to wait until everything is able to be dyed.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Inventor said:

Oh yeah girl run that game. Let's troll the guy suggesting that they don't make snap changes based on limited information and opinion.

Just don't pretend it's a selected few. It isn't, in fact it's a selected few saying otherwise. 

It isn't Limited lol. 

Snap changes? I know you were gone for some time but let me tell you, the whole time you were gone we been waiting for mysterious epic-reviving focus/changes, one update in November and now its June almost. Maybe this November we get part two. 

But yeah my point, if you think the devs are capable of snap changes you have Nothing to fear. Good on you for skipping the waiting unlike the rest of us mugs tbh. 

Edited by Mclavin

I think we're getting close to everything being dyeable, though I do want a bright green beard.

Seriously though, there's been a fair few PvP centric updates and changes, and I know there's more desired, and there's more we're working on. 

There's a lot more balancing and planning needed for PvP updates, and we work on getting as much information and as close to release before raising them to avoid certain issues (like creature crates). When they're at a stage to test and discuss balance we'll be sharing the info, but these things take time. 

As for the armour changes, the great thing about Epic is we can really change things up, and impact which armours are widely used without affecting others such as freedom, Chaos doesn't have that luxury, and thus things have to be balanced across both, which is what leads to issues such as both sides feeling a split is necessary. We explained this when the armour changes went live, and have stated this several times. There may be pieces we can carry across, but most of those changes are on epic because they don't impact freedom. 

I'm not 100% sure if you're referring to PvP ONLY updates, or updates that affect PvP too, since there's multiple of both that have come out (such as the PvP affinity rework last patch) But if there are specific ideas beyond "armour changes to chaos" and "new map" feel free to suggest them and discuss as a community the benefits and drawbacks of these suggestions.

the forums are your place to work together for the benefit of all, so try to avoid attacking one another simply because you disagree, leave that for the battlefield.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

As for the armour changes, the great thing about Epic is we can really change things up, and impact which armours are widely used without affecting others such as freedom, Chaos doesn't have that luxury, and thus things have to be balanced across both, which is what leads to issues such as both sides feeling a split is necessary. We explained this when the armour changes went live, and have stated this several times. There may be pieces we can carry across, but most of those changes are on epic because they don't impact freedom.

so is this a definite no to armor balances on chaos just because it might affect some dude without a real income attempting to sell armor in a game to pay for his childs diapers?

just let me know so i can cash out and quit now. Epic is beyond repair (or at least beyond what the devs are willing to do to it) and im tired of being on Chaos watching people not want to go 1 hop from their deed because the gear required to pvp costs 90euro minimum

• Like 7

dude the chain and leather on chaos is USELESS It's as if it's not even there, pls fix

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I think we're getting close to everything being dyeable, though I do want a bright green beard.

Seriously though, there's been a fair few PvP centric updates and changes, and I know there's more desired, and there's more we're working on. 

There's a lot more balancing and planning needed for PvP updates, and we work on getting as much information and as close to release before raising them to avoid certain issues (like creature crates). When they're at a stage to test and discuss balance we'll be sharing the info, but these things take time. 

I'm not 100% sure if you're referring to PvP ONLY updates, or updates that affect PvP too, since there's multiple of both that have come out (such as the PvP affinity rework last patch) But if there are specific ideas beyond "armour changes to chaos" and "new map" feel free to suggest them and discuss as a community the benefits and drawbacks of these suggestions.

the forums are your place to work together for the benefit of all, so try to avoid attacking one another simply because you disagree, leave that for the battlefield.

ok but most of the community has been extremely vocal saying that code changes aren't enough unless they are seriously revolutionary... 

Epic map - Epic value - Any point of epic - Epic armor changes = a balance not a feature. 

It's really clear, the players do not want to go to epic without big changes which you clearly aren't prepared to do so why content block/lock us?

I'm sure you can bring armor changes to even Chaos only, since shoulder padds/rings don't work there and other features were cut out in the past.
Even then, I still not sure why freedomers can't run around in buffed up chain, anybody with an iq should be running around with nothing but LT and a helmet on PVE anyway. Except for uniques. 

It's literally cosmetic on freedom, so not sure why we can't bring the changes over. Nobody spending 100 euros on drake in PVE for the buffs, lol, they do it for the looks. 

You're well past the point of having to talk to the players about a very big drastic action with Epic, such as Franks idea, to make Epic actually unique and not just feature a balance list.

It's like telling me to go to Emerald PVP server on WoW if I want to see class balance. Lol
I pay for chaos, I don't want to go to epic. I don't want Balance to remain split. 
Cave view distance for example could 100% be Chaos only and not effect freedom.

You're making QOL changes, not changes to get the community back on one server.

There is zero sense in keeping a split. 

hell, move chaos to epic, you're not talking the bigger options with the players you're just saying there will be a new line of code in 3 months. Cmon. Big plans, bigger future. You're killing us.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Like what? 

First: what would it matter if that updage goes to freedom aswell?

Second: If this is becaus it "screws freedom economy" I just dont want to hear it anymore, economy this economy that, Do the Changes nesesary, ppl will cry for a bit, but it will be for the better. I will personoly probebly lose way more value then the average freedomer.

Third: if thats the case, how come the Rift items can be diferent on Chaos then on Freedom?

Just getting so tired of us on Chaos, thats usualy 10%+ of the total population at any given time of the day not getting any acual usefull updates, like the affinity one, WHY? we wanted a stop of the alt abuse, instead of just ban that action you made the system worse for ppl that acualy deserv that, i have so far getting 0 affinitys on pvp with 20+ kills sinse the update.

• Like 7

I don't really know why I made this thread expecting anything.

Oh I remember why.

I read a thread called "Animal Crates ETA???" and devs jump in to give them an update on a feature that they aren't even near to finishing.
But lord behold if the PVP community who suffer and pay prem and just constantly ask for a ETA/Clear plan, it's sketch and nothing is provided.

If you don't want to talk big changes, just don't talk. 

Waiting 3 months to hear "no" for epic-armor Balance is just lame.
market? If it was chaos only and not put to freedom, you'd see a influx of purchases of different armor types and a rebirth of services. PVPERS are lazy. 
If you made it server wide, then everybody would benefit and they would also see a influx of trade of certain armors. 
You claim you're not about the market, you don't care if an update hurts prices, but with the response you clear do.
explain why freedom can't have armor changes??

You have no reason to deny chaos the Armor Balance or do something with chaos to allow it the change when you're literally bending the very fabrics of Wurm Online Server Crossing to get a Dumb horse from point a to b. 

PLS

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Tedzogh said:

Like what? 

First: what would it matter if that updage goes to freedom aswell?

Second: If this is becaus it "screws freedom economy" I just dont want to hear it anymore, economy this economy that, Do the Changes nesesary, ppl will cry for a bit, but it will be for the better. I will personoly probebly lose way more value then the average freedomer.

Third: if thats the case, how come the Rift items can be diferent on Chaos then on Freedom?

Just getting so tired of us on Chaos, thats usualy 10%+ of the total population at any given time of the day....

Maybe because the other 90% is not only more profitable but also less likely to freak out about every change made.

"We're 10%!  Do things our way and to hell with the bulk of your customers!" riiiiight.

There's really just no pleasing you guys.  And before someone cues the vitriol for my comments, just remember that when someone made a thread asking why more people don't PvP, non-PvP replies answering the question were shot down which honestly... HONESTLY... was just a rampant show of idiocy right there.  You should be on your knees thanking the devs for even bothering with the PvP community at this point =P 

• Like 2