Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

PVP updates eta? Epic plans? 1 server?

Bump -

Map resets? New Clusters? Old Clusters shutting down? Merging servers. so many things need answering.

Well, it's a bit strange to peek back at this game 10 years after I quit, but I honestly still see that the a lot of the parts of the game needs big changes.

In my opinion wurm got problems when the new combat system was implemented and instead of being improved and perhaps even revised and changed based on something else than 1 to 100, it became just another part of wurm where you had to spend a lot of time to build your character often repeating the same action x million times or hunting animals far to long.

Back in the old old ages ( 2004/05 ish ) the old system had actually some sense, but once more things where added such as ranged combat, ballistae and catapults, zombies, pets, mountable pets etc it became a big mess that just kept expanding instead of working on the basic system and fixing its issues and then adding more stuff and revising the whole system. The lack of Notch and Rolfs proper planning on that part of the game has probably ruined wurm's probability of achieving a huge playerbase.

So even if the game was indeed restarted it would probably end up in the same problems as now due to serious design flaws, but its also very problematic to disperse the playerbase over so many servers making the game less community driven and more single player ( and for that you have other possibilities ).

So, if wurm 2 wants to succeed it needs some serious redesigning on several areas.

• Like 2

There is no Wurm 2.

There are no bumps.

@Mclavin, don't make me turn this forum around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Keenan said:

There is no Wurm 2.

There are no bumps.

Could we have some information instead of responding to a muppet that thinks Wurm2 is a thing.

Please?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vvorbat said:

Could we have some information instead of responding to a muppet that thinks Wurm2 is a thing.

Please?

The information has been out there. After the recent changes we made to PvP, our focus is on other projects such as the new UI and a new account system. Bumping posts for the sake of hoping for a different answer isn't really helping anyone. When we are able to make PvP a main focus again I'm sure a post will be made.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response Keenan.  Finally a real answer and I'll be the first to stop complaining, for now.  At least now know it'll be awhile (going to guess a year or two) for anything pvp related.

Edited by nicedreams

3 minutes ago, enricodandolo said:

maybe pvp will get fixed in the 2020s

if wurm is even still around at that point

lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keenan said:

When we are able to make PvP a main focus again I'm sure a post will be made.

Must be a main focus to do any changes?

Just turn off continous skills transfer from freedom to Epic, gave armor changes to Chaos or any small changes from dozens that were suggested.

16 hours ago, Keenan said:

There is no Wurm 2.

There are no bumps.

I was not aware there is no plans for Wurm 2, in that case I should probably interpret it as everything is going the way the developers wants it to go.
Honestly I don't frequent the forums a lot, I occasionally 2-3 times a year visit to see whats going on, but most of my curiosity is satisfied.

As allways I do wish Wurm and it's players the best, but in my opinion the game needs a lot of changes to make it better and that is up to the developers.

A lot of talk about "Mine Doors Closing" off deed, but these doors need to be at least 10x weaker if that's the case and Log off timers increased with enemy in local to 60 minutes.

Perhaps making those doors if enemy have stepped through them in the last 15 minutes a lot weaker for 30 minutes. This would be a fair balance.

Would stop any off deed door being easy to bash but also any mine door being used to hop, being too hard to bash. Fair.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

The real reason Mclovin wants these armor changes in is because of today, so he can PVP in cloth.

Edited by Rudie

On 5/17/2018 at 2:54 PM, Retrograde said:

We explained this when the armour changes went live, and have stated this several times. There may be pieces we can carry across, but most of those changes are on epic because they don't impact freedom. 

I think that's sadly one of the reason Epic died in the first place and why no one except maybe 10 players left want to play on Epic. Really you're making changes that 200 players want on freedom (or chaos) but won't get them, just for 10 players left on Epic. Why? What is the point? I get Epic was basically a beta testing ground for a lot of things, which didn't work, but at this point who's left there to actually enjoy/play/test/care about them? 

Sadly, I am not playing Wurm anymore. I don't like the direction Wurm is going. I will pay for upkeep and crap mostly because I care about my villagers, but won't renew my subcription, so yeah, sorry to say it by, I will just check the forums from time to time and see if there's any update in Wurm's game direction that will make it worth my time to play again. Been a fun ride, but here's hoping. 

• Like 2

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAH

HAH

HAH

I'm starting to get the joke. Real glad I'm not invested in this dumpster fire anymore.

7 hours ago, Olloch said:

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HAH

HAH

HAH

I'm starting to get the joke. Real glad I'm not invested in this dumpster fire anymore.

You're clearly investing your time in responding :)

• Like 5

On 5/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, elentari said:

I think that's sadly one of the reason Epic died in the first place and why no one except maybe 10 players left want to play on Epic. Really you're making changes that 200 players want on freedom (or chaos) but won't get them, just for 10 players left on Epic. Why? What is the point? I get Epic was basically a beta testing ground for a lot of things, which didn't work, but at this point who's left there to actually enjoy/play/test/care about them? 

Sadly, I am not playing Wurm anymore. I don't like the direction Wurm is going. I will pay for upkeep and crap mostly because I care about my villagers, but won't renew my subcription, so yeah, sorry to say it by, I will just check the forums from time to time and see if there's any update in Wurm's game direction that will make it worth my time to play again. Been a fun ride, but here's hoping. 

The fact that u and ur kingdom left doesn't mean that the cluster died

• Like 4

You weaklings are not nerdy enough to play on empty Epic.

That player count seems to be normal in the last 2 years on epic. It never felt different in that time. Close epic, some WU servers have more active PVP

This year on Elevation, well there was one week where player counts were back to normal. But that did not last long. I doubt that there is any concept that developers could bring up to recover epic consistently again. Epic is done, epic will never come back to where it was in the beginning. Too many mistakes.

wurm-year.png

Edited by Sklo:D

20 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

That player count seems to be normal in the last 2 years on epic. It never felt different in that time. Close epic, some WU servers have more active PVP

This year on Elevation, well there was one week where player counts were back to normal.

wurm-year.png

I think that's when 3 kingdoms logged in to cross portals/remove items from unsecure deeds/disbands.

Also 80% of people only log in now to get Goals completed on the Epic side for Tomes on freedom.

29 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

Close epic, some WU servers have more active PVP

And what exactly are benefits of closing Epic?

Please don't say that devs gonna more focus on chaos pvp that way.

I guess a question i want to add

What will it take to get a fresh look/server onto PVP. At what point do you say "ok, enough, we're gonna address this"...Or would you just rather pull the plug on pvp at that point and switch to Pure PVE focus?

52 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

I guess a question i want to add

What will it take to get a fresh look/server onto PVP. At what point do you say "ok, enough, we're gonna address this"...Or would you just rather pull the plug on pvp at that point and switch to Pure PVE focus?

From the economic point of view the only solution is indeed to pull the plug from the PvP Servers. Maybe let Chaos stay but keep it discontinued for now. Focus on a better Client, which takes this Game into 2018 finally.

Edited by Sklo:D

If "epic isn't being worked on" how exactly can you justify your statements that " focus can go elsewhere"?

This whole thing reaks of FUD and imo had crossed the line from vested interest criticism to downright trolling. The same users spamming nearly every thread with "close epic".