Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Animal Crates ETA?

3 hours ago, Keenan said:

Seeing as people became crates in testing, we think it's important as well. Alternatively we could just make crate-people flammable and setting fire to one will happily fix the bug for them. I was told this wasn't a viable solution though.

And no, you can't take any of this seriously.

+1 to flaming crate peoples

Thanks for the update guys, most we had in the last dozen or so news release 8)

48 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

That's a fat bee, sir. Show some respect for the fat bee. ;)

goons

7 hours ago, Mordraug said:

MDvAlmH.jpg

Can't expect much from Wurm code when even some players are bugs.......... 

He's a feature :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

That's a fat bee, sir. Show some respect for the fat bee. ;)

Oh great.... a MAJOR bug! 

Pardon me.... 

An Honorable Major Bug of the Arthropoda Phylum.

What about a version for local transport, without the server transfer section, like getting animals to / from islands. Have boats refuse to cross like they do when people don't have permission.

Someone in chat also suggested making the crates wagoner capable. That would be great. :)

• Like 1

I get that you can run into unexpected issues sometimes and that things may take longer than expected. There's a pretty good reason that "soon tm"  has become the inofficial wurm slogan - in the past there have been so many announcements about things that will be added but never did. I think the new dev team is a lot better with not putting out spoilers and failing to deliver them, but it happens. There's still quite a few things that in the past were promised too that still never got added; one that springs to mind is items on walls and tables (I remember this picture of a couple ovens with frying pans hanging from a wall rack)

But the main question is if this (and things like the example above that have been teased in the past) is in active development at the moment.

Is there someone actually working on this, and if yes, how far along is it? Are you still in the babysteps of thinking about why and wheres it's going wrong, or has a solution been figured out but just needs to be laid out? Or is this something that has been pushed back until a major re-write needs to happen for something else anyway?  Since its been teased out there and people are very excited about it, it's probably good practice to keep them updated as often as you can, even if the update is the same as before.

• Like 1