Sign in to follow this  
Thalius

Oakheart...

Bump. Join me in Tailor's guild.

Edited by Martynas5
  • Like 1

Oakheart must be the Stepford Village -

everyone seems so happy...and lucky to be there...

..and all the time...

Definitely needs further investigation... ;)

Love reading these posts! :) 

• Like 2

Hi there!

I'm new to WO, but have played WU for over a year so I know the premise of the game pretty well.

I'm interested to know what guild options there are available :) I've always loved farming and cooking mainly. If I had to pick a crafting skill it would be carpentry/fine carpentry.

Looking forward to hearing from you, Oakheart sounds like an interesting project.

Xik

Greetings!

We have both a carpentry guild and a farming/cooking guild.  Both could use some good members who enjoy the game.  

Feel free to check us out, and join our Discord server if you’d like to chat with the community more before headed our way.

Here is the invite link to our public channel:  https://discord.gg/tSbPrS

Feel free to message me if you need more specifics!

~TH~

Edited by Thalius

Just wanted to add a bump to say, I joined Oakheart and I love my new home :)

People are very open and friendly. I already have my own little house and have been happily skilling up in the middle of an amazing huge city. Very much recommended.

If you are interested to know more about Oakheart, I didn't see the website in the initial post in this thread - https://oakheart-wurm.wixsite.com/index

Also because I was wondering when I was first looking at Oakheart - the current guilds are farming/cooking, carpentry, tailoring, forestry, mining, smithing, masonry, animal husbandry, and merchants.

Find your niche in the great oak!

(This post was not sponsored by Oakheart administration, any views herein are my own)

Edited by Xikk
  • Like 4

hello!

i didnt play WO for a while and of course my deed is gone and new players moved in,

so i was looking through the recruitment thread and found you ;) 

not sure where you are located or how the guilds work, but id be happy if someone

could give me more information - especially about the foresters guild.

Greetings, Pyro!

Just saw your post, as I've been pretty busy IRL this past week, but I saw on our Discord server that our Forestry Guildmaster and you have been in touch and you have made your way to town.  Glad to have you! 

If you need anything from me, message me here as I am not sure when I'll be in-game this week.  Looking forward to catching up with you when I get back! ;)

~TH~

Good day,

I would like to join this community as well as live within the boarders of Oakhearth!!

I am fairly new citizen/player in the world of Wurm and I haven't gotten to any place at all!!

thanks in advance!!

~StarKnight~

• Like 1

It grieves me to have to report that Oakheart in the valley outside Greymead, after a year and a half of growth and awesome stuff, has disbanded.

At our zenith we had over 80 players around town with 20 or so online at a time throughout the day and a deed size over 100x100 in size.  Things were rocking, and a lot of cool things were happening. But then, much to my bewilderment and not due to anything Oakheart had done wrong, players began leaving for odd reasons I will not go into here. Others then left because they were friends with those that had left, many to found personal deeds nearby Oakheart.  An alliance among Oakheart and former members and friends in the area began to emerge.  Others who began to notice considered it competition to have a large alliance, and so began to recruit and talk our former members into joining their alliance instead, and things just began to get messy.  Add to that a fair amount of inactivity that set in at the start of the year, which seems to be the norm, and momentum at Oakheart just stalled.  I was not able to be on for a period of time due to life and work issues, and by the time I had returned, the damage was done.  After much discussion and thought, the core group that remained has decided to relocate to a new area and start fresh. 

And so, Oakheart in the valley has come to an end.  A core Oakheart community survives, though, and you will hear more about us in the future- very possibly on this recruitment thread as we set up shop in the new location.  I do not envision us attempting to build the type of large community we endeavored to create at Oakheart in the valley outside Greymead, but I do feel certain we will be reaching out to train and help new players once things are set up in the new location.

It was a fun ride being Duke of Oakheart for over a year.  Time for the next chapter in my Wurm adventures...

And as for Oakheart- She is not dead, just transplanted. ;)

~TH~

• Like 1

It's very sad to hear that the 'Wild Growth' has come to an end, but I wish all of the former residents of Oakheart the very best, wherever you all decide to put down roots. :) 

"Large streams from little fountains flow, Tall oaks from little acorns grow."

D. Everett 1797

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Muse said:

'Wild Growth' 

?

It was a wild ride! 

When I started that project, I never envisioned things progressing as quickly as they did.  In the grand scheme of things, I am still fairly new to Wurm and it was my first time trying to grow a settlement.  I learned a lot and saw many things that make large communities in this game very hard to maintain.  I loved that valley though... if I was in a better position financially to maintain a deed that size on my own, I think I would have stayed. The vision was always to build a community supported city though, and the settlement grew as members pledged support for the community we were building.  In the end, maintaining all of that proved daunting.  The core group we have now probably could have supported it still, but we would not have enjoyed it as much after the community that we lost.  A fresh start was determined best.