P64UpNb.png

6bgV2CR.png

Over desert, under stone, to a secluded mountain valley home.

~~~

KIxfcpX.png 

Greetings, and welcome to the Oakheart recruitment page.  Thank you for taking the time to swing by...

First off: know that Oakheart is a fairly new settlement located west of Greymead.  She was founded with the intent of becoming a bustling little (or not so little as fate may have it), mining community intent on helping improve commerce and activity around the Greymead area while working to open up a huge network of mountains and valleys west of Greymead that have been largely inaccessible to the average player.  From central Xanadu, we will be the gateway to the West.

Second: know that the settlement is open to any player, new or experienced, that is interested in being part of an active and growing community that is bent on working together to develop the area while exploring and opening up the remote and rustic terrain hidden in the mid-western mountains.  While the settlement itself is located in a beautiful mountain valley perfect for a large community, the valley falls out west from there into very rough and virgin terrain.  What we aim to accomplish is a daunting task. Unless you are content remaining in the tamed settlement area, the location is not for the feint of heart.

vrvfyk5.png

Third and lastly: you should know that while the settlement is located in a challenging area, we are still eager to have and work with new players that are learning the game.  If you are a new player and up for the challenge, and you are an active learner, don't let the rustic nature of the settlement discourage you from considering joining our ranks.  We would love to have you and help you advance quickly, and there will be plenty of opportunity to do so.

If you are an experienced player interested in joining and helping the community with its objectives, or if you are just an experienced player that wants to visit and stay at the inn from time to time to help advance our objectives in the interest of an improved Xanadu, you would also be very welcomed to join us.  The inn will be up soon, and non-citizens visiting the area to aid in improving the settlement and surrounding area will soon have a free place to sleep with meals provided.

What you can expect when you arrive as a settlement member:

• A generous fenced in 5x5 or 4x6 tile plot where you can build as you please.
  • A storage bin and chest containing all the tools you will need to get you building a crafting quickly, along with basic supplies needed to found your first wooden home.
  • Many resources already harvested and stored for community use, allowing you to experiment with crafting many different items immediately.
  • Ample opportunity to learn the harvesting of most resource types nearby and in a safe environment.
  • A community kitchen where meals are provided and shared as available. (A work in progress).
  • An active and friendly community that enjoys helping you learn and stretch your skills without "holding your hand" as you do so.

Currently the deed size is 50x30 tiles, and we have 12 plots marked out for new citizens, 4 of which are spoken for. 

If you are the type of player that would like to be part of a settlement but are not overly interested in building much, there will be an opportunity to take up permanent residence at the local in.  It is still being developed, but will have generous rooms available for those who prefer such permanent accommodations.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to know more, and certainly do so if you are interested in joining us in the vast wilderness of central Xanadu.

We look forward to hearing from you...

AkHfqdY.png  Thalius ~ Founder and mayor of Oakheart.

Edited by Thalius

I joined the OakHeart community as a brand new player around 3 weeks ago. These folks have taught me many things about WURM and have been very helpful with anything I've needed help with. It's been fun growing the village and chating with this bunch while we work together to accomplish our goals. Special thanks to Thalius, Thrayne, and Bearnorito (Oh! and Alinicon! ;D) for guiding me in my first weeks of WURM. 

Edited by Dathius

Good to see the name Oakheart resurface! I was the mayor of a village called Oakheart way back in the day on the Pristine server under the character name Malicarth. Still have a lot of fun memories from those days and I wish you all the best of luck with the new village!

4 hours ago, Zeviking said:

Good to see the name Oakheart resurface! I was the mayor of a village called Oakheart way back in the day on the Pristine server under the character name Malicarth. Still have a lot of fun memories from those days and I wish you all the best of luck with the new village!

Zeviking, does this look familiar?:

9C0MrrD.jpg

😉

Edited by Thalius