Sign in to follow this  
nicedreams

Fun Idea For Epic Portals And Travel

Just an idea I was toying with in my head I figured I'd post.  Nothing serious so don't troll like it's something being added to game tomorrow.

Link FREEDOM portals to various EPIC portals.  If I took an Epic portal from a starter town in Linton on Xan, it would take me to Epic Lands and port me to a dedicated Epic portal on Epic like a starter town on a home server or Elevation.  If I ran around Epic to other end of the map to another "game made epic portal" like how starter towns are, you would be ported to another starter town on Xan or maybe even another starter town on another Freedom Server.

This would make Epic like an underground transport system that might bring some people to Epic just to travel.  Would only work for the Huge Epic Portals and not player made ones.  Player made portals would work the same as they always have.

So for example I would enter Epic Portal from Linton on Xan which would port me to Epic Portal on Elevation starter town.  If I ran the map to another starter town on Epic and took it's portal, it would teleport me to Deli Starter Town on Freedom.

Gives an option to explore other servers and something besides sailing.  Like instead of a 3 hour sail, I might want to take my chances starting from Freedom starter town portal then running through Epic servers to get to another Freedom portal to get to Indi back on Freedom.  Take a chance on being trapped and some random battles.

Bridging some kind of relationship between Epic and Freedom would be great instead of just Valrei fights.  Change the lore to get people to want to fight in the God Lands on Epic.

Wow didn't even realize this was kind of mentioned here.

7 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

So for example I would enter Epic Portal from Linton on Xan which would port me to Epic Portal on Elevation starter town.  If I ran the map to another starter town on Epic and took it's portal, it would teleport me to Deli Starter Town on Freedom.

So how does someone say, port into epic at flamma as mr, and then run across the map like you said, and cross enemy kingdom and come to high hopes the jk starter town, how do they enter the enemy starter town to use the portal that can't be used because it has a 3 minute timer block since combat and 20 templars will be swarming you assuming you broke down a gate to get in?

The only way something like this would work is if you use same kingdom ele/home starter portals, which is pretty much portal to epic, use portal between ele/home, use portal to freedom.  very limited, and has zero exploration or time invested on epic

I was thinking about that right after I posted too.  Was in middle of brainstorming when wrote it, but your point is correct.  Maybe can add 1 or 2 epic portals in woods or something?  :(  Fun idea though, but would need some work.  lol

I get these little ideas on how to get people to Epic and go from there even if they don't make sense.

Edited by nicedreams