Sign in to follow this  
Mataleao

"Look at that HUGE ogre sword! ..... Where did it go?!?!"

Wurm's biggest strength, in my opinion, is its realism. It makes the game very immersive. However, something has stood out in my mind since I started.

I battle with a troll armed with a wooden club. I kill it and I'm able to loot said club.

I go to a Rift and see these monstrosities wielding fearsome giant weapons. When they fall, there is... nothing.

I get into an altercation with a guard equipped in standard issue Freedom Guard gear - long sword, shield, chainmail set, helmet, tabard. He/she falls dead and all that gear... where are they?

I have the following suggestions with regards to loot:

Rift mobs:

Upon death, jackals drop their sickles etc. Ogres drop their giant swords etc.

Freedom guards: drop their gear upon death.

WYSIWYG loot drop will enhance the immersion level of Wurm.

*** These items can be non-impable, like player starter gear. But at the very least they can be smelted down into metal lumps to give them some utility.

• Like 9

Funny enough, sons of nogump - the guys with the huge morningstar spiky ball hands - drop a 2 handed sword and 2(?) basinet helms when killed by a gm. 

I'd love for a huge agro sword that is isimply so ridiculously big you cannot really wield it. Weighs like 30 kilos, is the size that it actually is, has a 20 second swing timer.

+1

i like the idea of creatures dropping what they carry. players do it after all.

and making them non impable is perfect to avoid having dozens of hundreds of them lying around. i got my doubts about the smelting part, but so long as its iron (imagine the mess if could farm rifts for moon metals this way :blink: ) and the ql isnt too high (obiviously a guard's gear wont be as high as a rift mob)

But imagine if rift master drops seryll sickle when killed that will go to one  players invetory as reward :D

Edited by kochinac

Even better, make them impable, as all newbie tools. we need more weapon variety, and newb will benefit of some extra skill imp the tools

Even if it's totally impractical and can't be repaired (like troll clubs), it would still be fun to be able to pick these up, even if the only thing we do with them is chop down a tree for laughs.

Would be even cooler if you could make decorations out of them!

*Envisions an ogre sword hanging over the fireplace...*

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1

I would prefer that if the items are obtained from NPC's that they are exactly like troll clubs, prone to damage, cannot be repaired, and un-impable.