Sign in to follow this  
Faustus

Animal Conditions

I was wondering if there is a setting to turn on animal conditions? I am only recently noticing that I've actually never seen a critter with a condition like 'angry', 'fierce', or 'champion', etc...

No, they are actually just fairly rare I think. 

First, you ONLY get conditioned animals from a "lair" spawn, and only a few lairs will spawn 'conditioned' animals (but those few, will always spawn that particular conditions, ie if you see one fierce brown bear, you are likely in a territory with many fierce brown bears.) You won;t see them evenly interspersed with normal spawns, you have to be in an area where that specific lair spawned.

Champion is even rarer -- if you happen to get certain lairs such as "greenish" or 'slow" there is a tiny chance one of them can spawn a 'champion," (I would guess 1 in 100 chance but that is just a number I pulled out of my ... pocket).  So if you find any area with greenish trolls, you have a higher chance of occasionally getting a champion troll. Or certain lava spider lairs like "Slow" will occasionally pop out a champion lava spider -- those are enormous ands light up a nighttime sky for miles around , making them  a lot easier to spot from far off than say a champion unicorn, which for some time now has looked pretty much identical to a regular unicorn except for the name.  A few champions stayed large (Bear, wolf, spider, troll) but others were shrunken down to normal sized. There used to also be champion/conditioned passive animals such as deer and dogs but I have not heard of any of those in over five years now.

Once Upon A Time In Wurm, you could spot conditioned animals from 17 miles away due to their neon bright party colors, and three story high champions.  Then Wurm got "serious" for many years, and they looked exactly like their normal cousins except  in the additional to the name. Only recently have they gotten somewhat easier to spot again, and even with the new change, it is subtle. So you'd really have had to spend a lot of time mousing over the animal names to notice.   

I have seen a lot of them in WU including in private solo/LAN style games, and I really don;t think I ever  adjusted any setting to get them.  Usually I watched for greenish etc (which are almost as tough as champions) because that means I am in a territory with a probable champion, which are often deadly even for deed guards (croc, troll, scorpion).

Heaven help you if you deeded in an area of greenish trolls and do not have multiple deed Templars backed up by guard towers, to handle the occasional champ.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

Thanks for the info Brash_Endeavors!  Good info.  I'll keep searching then for lairs.  I'm glad that they do spawn.

There is mods that exist,  including wyvernmods that allow any creature to spawn with a condition.