Sign in to follow this  
gbgbo

refresh?

i dont know realy what it is but when i play i get some wierd refresh. the client dosent chrash but it kinda relogs and somtimes i can play for hours and nothing hapens and somtimes it "refresh" like 2 times in a minute.

is this in singleplayer or on a public server? If public, it might very well depend which public server.

Usually that is an indication the network is dropping packets (or something-something "techy"  like that) and it will happen more often if the server is slow or has many mods (some affect a lot, others affect very little) and settings such as extremely large maps, many NPCs and hostiles, or especially many players  transferring TONS of items from one container to another.  In a singleplayer game, I suppose there is no real "network" but it might still happen if other background processes rob time from a weaker cpu or a low amount of \f ram means it is swapping memory to disk. Sometimes Windows update happily decides to download background downloads in the middle of a game, or your antivirus decides to do a scan of all drives even though you have told it to NOT do scanes while the computer is in active use.  Maybe not, I am not sure I have ever noticed it in singleplayer (but many times in multiplayer).

Probably most servers will occasionally get this -- WO's largest server Xanadu is so famous it is called Lagadu at times -- but a really well run public server manned by competent admins can usually track down and mitigate problems (such as fog spiders) that might be triggering it.

And at any time, i think just generally sluggish internet traffic (and possibly your own ISP) can sometimes be to blame, meaning people farther from a server get more of it than people who live closer.

If it happens day after day, month after month, it is likely time to start trying out a different public server to play on. It probably means an admin who either does not know HOW to fix it (daily/weekly server resets can help) , has a huge map with tons of creatures, or is simply using a lowcost server from a discount host.

I also get something similar anytime I have traveled a long way across a map, so generally I make a point at the end of any long trip to quickly log off, wait two minutes, then log back  in again.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

6 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

is this in singleplayer or on a public server? If public, it might very well depend which public server.

Usually that is an indication the network is dropping packets (or something-something "techy"  like that) and it will happen more often if the server is slow or has many mods (some affect a lot, others affect very little) and settings such as extremely large maps, many NPCs and hostiles, or especially many players  transferring TONS of items from one container to another.  In a singleplayer game, I suppose there is no real "network" but it might still happen if other background processes rob time from a weaker cpu or a low amount of \f ram means it is swapping memory to disk. Sometimes Windows update happily decides to download background downloads in the middle of a game, or your antivirus decides to do a scan of all drives even though you have told it to NOT do scanes while the computer is in active use.  Maybe not, I am not sure I have ever noticed it in singleplayer (but many times in multiplayer).

Probably most servers will occasionally get this -- WO's largest server Xanadu is so famous it is called Lagadu at times -- but a really well run public server manned by competent admins can usually track down and mitigate problems (such as fog spiders) that might be triggering it.

And at any time, i think just generally sluggish internet traffic (and possibly your own ISP) can sometimes be to blame, meaning people farther from a server get more of it than people who live closer.

If it happens day after day, month after month, it is likely time to start trying out a different public server to play on. It probably means an admin who either does not know HOW to fix it (daily/weekly server resets can help) , has a huge map with tons of creatures, or is simply using a lowcost server from a discount host.

I also get something similar anytime I have traveled a long way across a map, so generally I make a point at the end of any long trip to quickly log off, wait two minutes, then log back  in again.

this is on a pvp server with manny mods. sp i guess its not my foult and its the "owners" foult. ok thx for ur answer it sounds about right tbh. i will se what i can do about it