Sign in to follow this  
Alyeska

Unicorn Pregnancy ends abrubtly

For the past few days it seems my unicorns'  pregnancy has kept ending abrubtly.

Unicorn is fat, has enchanted grass, ratio is over 15. Starts off with a 10 day timer and the next day, there is no pregnancy timer nor is there a new unicorn. Unicorn is in a pen alone and not diseased.

Happened twice in a row now, and i see no server downtime that could have messed with it.

Wow... maybe (guessing) if there are too many of something in the area, pregnancies become 'optional'. like hatching eggs? I mean like fertile eggs mostly will fail, just rarely produce offspring? Do you have tons of Unicorns in that area? If not, sorry, and hope you discover the solution/answer and post it here. Thanks the post.

7 hours ago, TeeeBOMB said:

Wow... maybe (guessing) if there are too many of something in the area, pregnancies become 'optional'. like hatching eggs? I mean like fertile eggs mostly will fail, just rarely produce offspring? Do you have tons of Unicorns in that area? If not, sorry, and hope you discover the solution/answer and post it here. Thanks the post.

Therre no other unicorns in the area.. other than the few I am breeding.

Another unicorn pregnancy abruptly ended today. One of them is still pregnant after 3 real life days so maybe she will actually make the end of her timer.

I'm not ignoring this report, but I cannot reproduce it and my own experience so far with unicorn births is normal. 

There is no change that I'm aware of for any animal gestation, so will leave this open for other player comments.

I'm on Indy.  

Have bred 3 times with normal gestation periods and normal births.

On deed, greater than 15% ratio.

2 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I'm not ignoring this report, but I cannot reproduce it and my own experience so far with unicorn births is normal. 

There is no change that I'm aware of for any animal gestation, so will leave this open for other player comments.

I'm on Indy.  

Have bred 3 times with normal gestation periods and normal births.

On deed, greater than 15% ratio.

Just had it happen to a greenish brown bear that I had tamed overnight, too. It was fed, and logged off with me, and when I got back on it was from 7 days to unpregnant. The unicorns were never tamed to leave the world.

This is happening on Xanadu. Perhaps it is tied to the reports of players that animals have changed their feeding behaviour, taking waaaaay long to get fat and not laying eggs etc. As far as I know, feeding, fat layers and pregnancy are all intertwined.

Unicorn Silver is now down to 5 days so she seems to be going normally on her third pregnancy. Unicorn Lang lost her baby, again.

An update: It seems that this takes effect only the first few times when breeding; it seems fine after they have been on deed for a week or two constantly within local.

I can reproduce this everytime I bring in an animal (not sure about horses, but this has happened with bears an unicorns so far) from the wild or from my deed where I'm not usually in local.