Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Epic, Complete 180°

22 hours ago, jonsnow said:

PVP will always suffer from the trolls.  PVP just doesn't work in Wurm for the same reason Shadowbane died...

Shadowbane died because the game was trash.

It takes months to build a city, and hours to destroy it. 

If it took months to destroy a city no one would ever go on the offense.

You can't be logged in 24/7. 

Free accounts will be used to troll. 

True, and just don't have free accounts. *Shrug*

Eventually everyone knows each other, so it's not legit warfare anymore it's agreed upon duels at certain places/times... at which point, why not just have a pvp server where you start with max gear/stats and do it arena style?  Battle Royal wurm?

Uh, that is not true. People knew each other before, never had "agreed upon duels at certain places/times" unless you count hota which was an in-game mechanic. Like that statement is entirely untrue.

Zergs happen.  Everyone wants to be on the winning side.

Yeah, but power balances shift, you cannot force people to pick one side over the other so how would you fix that?

I remember logging in one day after I'd had a business trip for two days, and all my town was destroyed.   A couple guys with catapults had done some serious work to my town, trolled the outside by dumping large amounts of dirt, sand, etc...

Sorry that happened to you, but if you are not on then you cannot defend your deed. Sucks!

I also remember people creating free accounts, joining towns (who were desperate for people because, well... new people are rare) and while the people were logged off moved everything out of the town and hid it.  Or they'd put the stuff on the character, log off and never log back on.

Okay, so they logged off and never came back again?

Did they carry out massive amounts of items? On a FREE account? How did they get it out slowly over time? No one caught them that whole time? No one thought to pursue that individual and kill them?

If they logged out I guess that sucks.

+1

My suggestion also separate in future Priests from regular fighter, course atm for pvp Priests is Knights level 2
make them -50% phys dmg, and +30% mag dmg
cloth armor also effect.
And archers will be useful then aswell vs Priests. will make a round of balance with 3 classes. Atm most of dmg in pvp coming from melee only. Which left no place for fight for starter toons 

Or at least make Priest needed to hold in hands (2 hands) they statues to cast a spell, otherwise, he cast the spell, and parrying with his sword and blocking with his shield at the same time, which is annoying. 

Edited by Gofs

On 6/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, Gofs said:

+1

My suggestion also separate in future Priests from regular fighter, course atm for pvp Priests is Knights level 2
make them -50% phys dmg, and +30% mag dmg
cloth armor also effect.
And archers will be useful then aswell vs Priests. will make a round of balance with 3 classes. Atm most of dmg in pvp coming from melee only. Which left no place for fight for starter toons 

Or at least make Priest needed to hold in hands (2 hands) they statues to cast a spell, otherwise, he cast the spell, and parrying with his sword and blocking with his shield at the same time, which is annoying. 

Classes in a classless game might not be such a good idea.

All three types are meant to meld together, sure melee is a popular choice, but archery is necessary to kill horses, shoot individuals, and more. 

Magic in the form of priests cast spells in mid combat on top of the enemy, pillar spells, direct target spells, and buffs/healing have their place in combat.

Based on your statements I am questioning if we are speaking about the same game.

Edited by FranktheTank

Removal of tomes and sotg is all good, but what really killed pvp was the removal of off deed house/mine hopping.

No one is gonna leave deed unless they think they have a good chance of living.

Pvp died the day Rolf started listening to people who never left deed without a knarr full.

Make mine hopping great again.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:33 PM, Oreo said:

hey i said this like

years ago

They stole OUR idea

saying Shadowbane sucks on a Wurm Online forum? 

The only reason Wurm Online still exists is because of it's PVE servers.  It would have died way before Shadowbane did if it was a PVP ONLY game lol...

Shadowbane was amazing and I loved that game so much!  If it still existed I'd be still playing it.  The sieges were amazing, the town building fantastic...  The class structures were interesting and complex.

At least on Shadowbane if I was away on a business trip there was more than one person in a city logged in at any given time.  I never had an instance where my towns were less than 100 people even when the game was shut down.  Wurm Online the most my town got to was 60, and that was in the very early days!