Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Epic, Complete 180°

On 2/14/2019 at 5:51 AM, Sindusk said:

With enough effort, I believe so. Yes.

can you make anti cheat

All good but not everyone would like to start from scratch, leveling new character.

5 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

All good but not everyone would like to start from scratch, leveling new character.

theres plenty of people that will take good pvp mechanics, highly polished overall gameplay and instant fixes from a professional developer over "investment"

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, platinumteef said:

theres plenty of people that will take good pvp mechanics, highly polished overall gameplay and instant fixes from a professional developer over "investment"

Yes, plenty of people that have a lots of time.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:37 PM, Mclavin said:

can you make anti cheat

It would involve ensuring that every player had a specific client mod installed, or some form of patcher/launcher that would be used to launch the game instead of Steam.

While a mild hassle for the players, it would be an effective anti-cheat solution.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 11:01 AM, Roccandil said:

How does that solve the cheating problem?

launcher/patcher would be able to check and make sure that no cheats are installed into the game.

1+
No champions either, just pure priests grinding their skills the old fashion way up to 90+ 

Also dragons can stay for all I care, after the armour fixes I find them pretty ok, maybe the spawns should be slower on a pvp server.
Skill system I still prefer old Epic or a mix between new and old.

i read like 10% of this suggestion... i think i read the start and then skipped to the end?!. 1+ and will come back for more than a day if this ever happened. Or would play a WU server with anti cheat.. sounds neato as well

• Like 1

I am so sick of having to boost this idea for a Wurm Classic server when it holds so much support but is not being acted on.

• Like 2

guys with the launch of WoW classic we should advertise the launch of our classic Wurm campaign. Lets donit together!! We can make it happe.....*BANNED*

Merge Chaos with Epic, remove home servers, set the Chaos map as the new Elevation. Separe pvp world from pve, bring back the old days!

Epic will be the only pvp cluster of WO and all the pvpers will be concentrate on a single map.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Davy said:

Merge Chaos with Epic, remove home servers, set the Chaos map as the new Elevation. Separe pvp world from pve, bring back the old days!

Epic will be the only pvp cluster of WO and all the pvpers will be concentrate on a single map.

This is really the only feasible option at this point.

1x/1x on a single pvp map, doesnt need to be massive 8k map i guess if its the ONLY pvp server. Id like a much smaller map but i could imagine it'd look like cancer within a year or two. Id pay for this... and so would so many others. The reason why people have attempted to make wu servers this way and look at attempting our own esp blocking solutions is because we all know this would never happen. 

Maybe one day

or not?

3 hours ago, Drastox said:

1x/1x on a single pvp map, doesnt need to be massive 8k map i guess if its the ONLY pvp server. Id like a much smaller map but i could imagine it'd look like cancer within a year or two. Id pay for this... and so would so many others. The reason why people have attempted to make wu servers this way and look at attempting our own esp blocking solutions is because we all know this would never happen. 

Maybe one day

or not?

epic is dead and it's so unlikely it'll ever be revived, we've been told it's not in any plans or anything

at what point should we just give up

41 minutes ago, Madnath said:

epic is dead and it's so unlikely it'll ever be revived, we've been told it's not in any plans or anything

at what point should we just give up

2 Years ago.

• Like 2

All hypothetically and very optimistic but let's assume that after all those UI changes, advertising etc new players will come to Epic and some old ones will return.

Then they gonna start to build deeds on Elevation, etc.

And after that, new map of Elevation gonna be introduced, destroying their progress?

No.

New map of Elevation (smaller and not so flat), should be introduced before all changes, waiting for hypothetical : ) new players.

So best time is to do this now, when population is low, to minimize damage done. Even if it fails.

Someone could say, that why bother and waste precious devs time on creating new map. I bet, there are some people, outside of dev team, that could prepare such map.

• Like 1

PVP will always suffer from the trolls.  PVP just doesn't work in Wurm for the same reason Shadowbane died...

It takes months to build a city, and hours to destroy it. 

You can't be logged in 24/7. 

Free accounts will be used to troll. 

Eventually everyone knows each other, so it's not legit warfare anymore it's agreed upon duels at certain places/times... at which point, why not just have a pvp server where you start with max gear/stats and do it arena style?  Battle Royal wurm?

Zergs happen.  Everyone wants to be on the winning side.

So unless you fix these things people will continue to bleed out from pvp servers.

I remember logging in one day after I'd had a business trip for two days, and all my town was destroyed.   A couple guys with catapults had done some serious work to my town, trolled the outside by dumping large amounts of dirt, sand, etc...

I also remember people creating free accounts, joining towns (who were desperate for people because, well... new people are rare) and while the people were logged off moved everything out of the town and hid it.  Or they'd put the stuff on the character, log off and never log back on.

Edited by jonsnow