Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

bring back lockpicking

Hello everyone,

English is not my native language so i will be strait to the point. 

since we have a new permission system can we bring back lock picking on freedom ? we had it in the pass and live it. 

where why and how i would like to have it

1. like in the good olds days

i want it like it was before. you CANT lockpick on someone else deed unless you have permission to, in a completed house that dont belong to you and you dont have permission. Large cart, wagon and boat should NOT be lock pickable. "i dont remember if they where in the pass"

2. new gameplay element

this give us even more  freedom and we just loose a like bit of protection

3. ok but what we can do with that?

first personally as a scavenger it will bring a tresure hunting element to the game. I could find interesting stuff on abandoned settlement.

Second. you could make a mine put a locked chest deep in it. fill the mine with creaure put a sign at the entrance saying "tresure inside". What in the chest is up to you :)  The locked chest allow only serious player to open it lockpicking is not that hard of a skill to raise.

on totally diff point the combat system to be updated badly.

Edited by BlGpapa
typo
  • Like 1

Off deed fence gates and containers should be fine to lock pick, especially fences since they can just be bashed anyways. Containers just sit all over the place, if someone wants to secure goods off deed then they should deed it or build a shack over it.

+1

Vehicles should always be taboo on freedom, as people do spend time out and about.

Believe it or not there is this place you can sail to called Chaos that lets you lock pick anything you want...

5 minutes ago, Toolhead said:

Believe it or not there is this place you can sail to called Chaos that lets you lock pick anything you want...

Believe it or not there are many things that could be picked on freedom without the need for chaos. If you rather I just catapult your off deed fence's that is fine with me.

Edited by JakeRivers

Lockpicking is not that easy i'm grinding from 80 to 82 for more than a month :P But +1. Forbiding to lockpick something that can be bashed is ridicilous and an insult to my skill. I would add and ofdeed vehicles with 80- 90+ dmg to the list as well

P.S. you are might wanna reconsider title of post it's very missleading :D

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

Would be nice for abandoned containers so you can repurpose them. Often find old food bins with a low ql lock from a deed long gone and when the bin poofs, so does everything in it. Kindof a shame.

Maybe on items with 50 (?)+ damage so you cant run around lockpicking into peoples ofdeed stuff.

• Like 4

PvP belongs on PvP servers. Locking a container on PvE servers should be sufficient to secure them against intrusion.

For a mayor it's frustrating to have lots of locked bsb's and fsb's scattered around on your own deed from a previous owner or tenant who doesn't play anymore.

Yes you can drag them off deed to decay, but it feels wasteful and doesn't sit right, not knowing exactly what you're throwing out.

So we sit and look at these containers and twiddle our thumbs for years, until they become part of the furniture.

Any obscure names these containers may have been given in the dawn of time, either in generosity or malice, have to stay too and become part of deed lore, whatever they are.

I think mayors should be able to pick locks on containers if the deed has been there a long time.

• Like 4

+1.

if its picking locks on something with enough decay to be picked when planted, dont see the issue in lockpicking it, quite the oposite. it decayed for ages already, no one's coming back to claim it.

same for mayors able to remove locks. same idea as with mine reinforcements, you pay for the land so you can do things in your parcel.

• Like 1