Sign in to follow this  
dl

Lake harmonie -inner sea canal

Hi

I've slowly started on the cave canal /road from Lake Harmonie to  inner sea. I have had some input from people and have chosen the least completely impossible route there :-).

So far just exposing some surface rock making some concrete and such at LH end. 

Plan not completely done but if anyone is interested in killing a vein or two let me know. 

DL (the rodent from hell)

• Like 6

I'll gladly help out where it's needed :) 

On 5/9/2018 at 0:18 AM, dl said:

interested in killing a vein or two

Did anyone say killing things? :D

Ah, veins, even better, those don't fight back.

• Like 1

I have started preparations at the Lake Harmonie End. I'm out of town for a few days. 

Project plan so far:

- Create 1 tile pilot tunnel all the way mining around any veins. This includes preparing break out site on Innner sea side. Perhaps build some temp housing.

- Optionally build 1 tile guard houses along route to prevent deeding.

- Clear pilot tunnel of veins.

- Expand tunnel 4 tiles to a total of 5 above water clearing veins as we go. ( trust me leaving them for last is extremely demotivating )

- Raise Cieling

- lower floor of 4 tiles 4 water access. (3 full 1 sloping up to footpath)

- Pave footpath and slope (pilot tunnel)

- Open the doors and drink many beers ?

Some more info

From my experience from the first leg we can expect to hit 40-60 veins. 

If we hit reinforced areas we can go around or deed them away. The later prefered to  make tunnel go straight.

Its not on the map but there are 4 settlements on the hill west of LH blocking passage that way so we need to go minimum 30 tiles north. Unfortunately the areas topology forces us to go a bit west first, then North, and west again.

I have 1 fighter toon (Godzildarella ) capable of dealing with any normal critter that chose to spawn in the tunnel. She's also a 90skill blacksmith.

A strongwall casting Priest is most welcome ? If not i have an offer of borrowing one for the prem cost.

LH start 39x 27 Y (NW corner of lake)

IS Expected start  34x 28Y   -  Comming out just north of Castle forrester. (NeeNee's place). NeeNee has also offered to help.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5evRFXJXhXONkktVjE4MUJaYjA/view?pref=2&pli=1

Small Tip: Have you ever wondered were a specific spot in a mine was on the surface.  When in the cave type firepillar in the commandline and the same tile above will change to a lava'ish look visible for the caster. You can cast it on several tiles. 

Regards

DL (Deathlemming of Hells Forge )

• Like 1

Skyefox was over there to survey a new road up the west side of Harmony Lake and have a look at the pilot tunnel from the Harmony Lake end last weekend.

Given what you have planned, she went the extra mile to help you folks and tile counted the pilot mine and then noted where the exact deed borders are on the ground up above that would "bottle neck" your project.

So thus the Albia Map team wishes to make a small donation to help the Inner-Harmony Cave Canal project.

http://prntscr.com/jppdmx     the Inner-Harmony Cave Canal, a map of possible routes.  The yellow lines at east end are the borders of the deeds you need to squeeze between.  The two fat blue lines are possible Cave Canal routes.

The current mine/pilot tunnel Skye has indicated with Orange and the colour dots indicate veins, red for Iron, Pink for Salt and White for Silver.

We chose to show a 5 wide tunnel, being the standard cave canal is 1 tile of road, then 1 tile down into water and then 3 water tiles.

The northern (upper route) would bust out to the surface at a tiny Tear Drop of a lake on its south side.

As far as Skyefox could determine, the southern route (lower blue line) was free of deed conflicts at the time of surveying all the way to the Inner Sea.

We hope this is of some help to you and we could show up with our pickaxes, mapping chores permitting.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Co-Administrators - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
fixing the Link to the map
  • Like 1

I don't think that upper blue path will be possible, I know Lebowski extends a bit into the mountain to the south to cover the mine on that side. The pond is deeded as well.

• Like 1

LH start 39x 27 Y (NW corner of lake)

IS Expected start  34x 28Y   -  Comming out just north of Castle forrester. (NeeNee's place).NeeNee has also offered to help.

I found myself in the area with three pickaxes on me, so I chipped at the "pilot" tunnel that was started to west.

Keyword: "Go west!" :D as much as possible, north otherwise.

So west I went. Quite a number of veins around, this is a silver tunnel! And a few reinforced tiles to the north side of the pilot.

At the moment, the pilot tunnel got to somewhere south of Lebowski's perimeter, outside, right into a couple small old caves.

It's roughly the lower blue path on Hugh's map. Indeed the upper would have gotten into Lebowski.

The tunnel doesn't - yet? - go towards north Castle Forrester, but seems to be heading to somewhere south of it.

I would have loved to continue chipping because I miss my ship - it's south of Castle Forrester! - but RL thingy got the best of me. I'll be waiting for input on the route when you get to it.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 2

Hi

I had a 6 month break

I'm on my forth pilot tunnel now. The whole west side of the lake is more and less blocked by deeds and to the north i hit a lot of old mines + low rock making progress almost impossible.

The tunnel mid west of lake is an old project that i did not take part in. Its basically blocked by 3 deeds perim to perim. I dont wanna go through perim without the acceptance of the owners who i have not been able to contact. Mayor names does'nt give anything when searching on forum. Never ever saw anyone from there in local.

South of the lake i have also encountered problems with low rock layer making a western side canal to the existing one.

After counting pixels on the map dump i think i found a new option. some deeds have disbanded since. I will get back with more news on that.

btw there used to be a 1 tile canal going from the SE corner of Harmonie to crystal lake. Problem was that much of it was reinforced and hence it could not be expanded - that's why i decided to build the new one. But its still there and could be converted to a land tunnel if someome whants to make a lot of concrete/SW casts to raise the floor. there are several mines along the way conecting to it. exit crystal side is on deeded land though.

Could be a nice shortcut if you travel from/to FM. 

Based on the short conversation I had with Godzildarella, I'm still a little concerned with your ambiguously stated exit to the inner sea. Primarily I am interested to know how the highway is going to be preserved with exit to the tunnel as it now runs along the coast to the south right next to the rock face. You mentioned a bridge, but that has to be built two tiles from a cave opening which may not be possible on the terrain as it is. Do you even know where the exit is going to be? Are you going to build this bridge before you destroy the highway that links Castle Forrester and Little Harbor Preserve to the rest of the network? I am interested to know these things in no uncertain terms, particularly since you seem apt to take long breaks and I'm not ok with losing that highway connection.

Hi Beanbag

Thanks for your input.   Godzildarella <->deathlemming (DL) same person.

I will not destroy your highway and then take a long break :-).  

My plan was to replace a piece of the highway about 15-20 tiles north of LHP with a bridge. The highway link would be gone for a day or less -  in fact the time it takes to build the bridge 2x6-8 tiles or so. I can do it on an announced date. I could perhaps make a temp way around so link would not be down at all. 

Rock surfaces that are in the way will be mined down in order to allow the highway to continue as straight as now. 

I need to survey a bit more to figure out where its best to break out so lets just agree for now that I will NOT make any changes to the highway before i have consulted you further. If you have any input good ideas or preferences (perhaps bridge materials) please let me know. I will notify you with my preferred exit point when i have it. Perhaps best if we could look at it together.

Talking about breaks i'm not much online next week as i'm on vacation. 

Plan so far: white is planned exit zone yellow is LHP deed border 

planned exit

Kind Regards

DL

• Like 1

Hey, I'm glad you have changed the exit for this tunnel instead of having it crammed btw my perim and and Noodle Forge's perim. I can certainly help with the bridge and highway modifications when it's time. I have decent masonry, so a stone bridge would be in my wheelhouse (or marble, I guess). Please keep me in the loop, since the highway crosses my deed as well. 

• Like 2

Hi NeeNee

That sounds great . I moved the the project to start from the suthern end of lake harmonie as i ran into a combination of "" swiss cheese" and rock to low to tunnel. 

Now i have a 1 tile tunnel going 180 tiles west from the start it will swing  65 tiles north at around 300 and then 30 west to the exit area shown above.

I got both marble and Slate and of course a ton of rock  ? Since Beanbag and you are closest you should be the ones to chose the look.  

As said i'm more and less off for a week so lets take it up when i'm back. 

DL 

• Like 2