Sign in to follow this  
ArtifexDominus

Template For Custom In Game Map

Hello Fellow Wurmians!

Setting up a server for the wife and I, we decided we wanted a bit more control of the map. I found some great tutorials and tools on this forum (thanks everyone!) and created a custom map.

I wanted to customize the in game map, but keep it as true to the original as I could. I searched for some sort of template to use, but could not find one. It was further complicated that the creative mp map was a .dds in the graphics.jar and Gimp didn't natively handle this. I knew that I would likely want to make other maps, and that others in the community probably would too! So I quickly made a template to be used, all you have to do is paste in your custom map. It isn't perfect, but I hope people find it helpful!

6Dapo6n.png

You can find a .png of each layer here for those interested in building their own custom maps. There is a project file that can be used to export as .png or .dds for Gimp users. (GIMP is free, open source software.) Maps that are a .dds in the graphics.jar will need a DDS plugin in Photoshop, Gimp etc in order to load and save as .dds.

Happy Wurming!

Edited by ArtifexDominus
Adding files for those interested.
  • Like 4

This is awesome thanks! 
Any chance you could share the different layers as separate .png files so those of us that don't use gimp can reposition the different elements to better fit our custom maps?
Thanks for taking the initiative champ!