Sign in to follow this  
7H361MP

Manage Local Server NOT working!

I have not loaded the client in a while. The last time I did, I started a local server and played on the creative world. A few months have went by, and I came back to play again. Now when I start the client thru Steam, my mouse gets really laggy and my system is unresponsive while the client loads, once the client loads everything runs fine.

However, when I click on Manage Local Server, nothing happens....

I reinstalled, but same thing.

I tried the Dedicated Server, and it brings up the server management tool, I can make changes and it saves them. If I click start server it goes through initialization in the console, but then closes and never starts the server.

With the Dedicated Server Launcher I can click on Start Offline Server and it runs just fine, but I have not tried to connect to it yet, as it is running on the same machine as the client.(I am running Dedicated from directory and not through Steam)

I figured it has something to do with the new 1.6.3 patch as that is the only thing that is different from the last time I successfully ran the Local Server.

HELP ME!!

the lagginess is likely due to a dual monitor system, we're looking at improving that but it may be simply java being a pain. 

As for your server not starting, but working via running offline, it may be an issue with port forwarding and connecting to steam, you can get the server logs from 

Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\SERVERNAME\logs\wurm.log.0

In there it should tell you what's going on, and you can share it here

hello

i am having same problem here. 

through steam or website .

i can start the game client / server client and i can go to manage and settings and all but the game wont appear in the lan list.

i can start the server and it gets connected to steam.

hit the start offline or online it runs but hangs.

connection times out network errorm so i can keep getting this same eror.

what can i do to actually play this game.