Sign in to follow this  
Stormcastle

Complete EPIC wipe!

Of course the rumor mill is spreading again about Elevation being wiped and players walking off in protest due to its flat terrain design. Here is a suggestion that many have agreed with about an EPIC server rebuild.

Make 1 large EPIC map/server with a large island for HOTA, and 3 smaller islands for home kingdoms. "Zone" those 3 islands to work just like EPIC home servers do now. Keep the main large island's playstyle just like Elevation is now. Of course put some elevated terrain in it, lol. 

* Dev's/GM's wouldn't have to manage 4 different maps and or wipe each at different dates.

* We could get all PMK, BL, MR, JK players on the same large map at one time for better population base. 

* No having to develop animal crates to xfer across servers. No crossing server issues, all one map.

I don't believe mail and or trading would be affected?  We have a real decent deed on JKH / Serenity currently, but I know many including myself who would consider giving up their deeds, keeping only essential items on char's/alts, and playing on a new EPIC map!

Edited by Stormcastle

Better idea: Give everyone GM accounts and see what happens.

• Like 1

A complete wipe right after they allow skill transfers, did you do your homework?

Edited by Nomadikhan

Elevation shouldn't have wiped in the first place lol

Thank all the yes voting fools back then for the mess u are with now ^.^

@ LorenaMontana - I totally agree. But... there were more players more deeds back then and things were active. I never understood what was wrong with the original ele map to begin with. But honestly the flatness of Ele now many hate the map.

@ Nomadikhan - What to skill transfers have to do with a new map?

With the few players on Epic it would be better if we were not so scattered on different maps / servers. Not enough population to support 4 maps for Epic. Sort of always been an issue with population for Epic And I completely agree home servers should never have been meant to be a permanent living location for players.

2 hours ago, Stormcastle said:

What to skill transfers have to do with a new map?

The skill transfer being essentially one-way was perceived as quite a slap in the face by some epic players. Which I found rather petty, since it was an attempt on bringing players to Epic, however fragile.

But wiping the home servers(Not just Elevation, I get that it's kind of an arena map where wipes make sense[sometimes]) now may make some remaining players just settle over to Freedom since it would be a new start of sorts anyway, further debasing Epics player pool. This is conjecture, of course, especially coming from someone who has yet to set a foot on Epic, but it's a tangible possibility.

I do not think an entire map wipe will fix anything honestly. It did not fix anything last time. 

In addition a complete epic wipe seems like a moot point to me, friends of mine disagree but I just see it as a bad move overall.

As map wipe (ele) probably would not help much, I think smaller map would make some difference.

5 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

As map wipe (ele) probably would not help much, I think smaller map would make some difference.

I have to agree, after spending most of this morning on ele, its just way too large for its current player count

• Like 1

Home servers both allow newer players a somewhat safer environment to get started, and provide a less intense, though not PvP-free, experience that some players find enjoyable.

Removing the home server functionality would probably do more harm than good. A smaller, more interesting Elevation map would likely be a good thing, though. (Again, I'd rather see the Elevation map actually be on a moon, whether Jackal/Seris/Valrei, and be designed for seasonal resets, perhaps in the process shifting to different moons.)

No thanks to a wipe. There are plenty of other things you can do besides wiping out an entire cluster. Here are a few:

I hope they start with creating a smaller elevation map with enough land mass to still support a PMK system, but it also has to actually have " elevated " areas.

WTB Plot course on Epic? and bug fixes for boat PvP. Increase boat speed as well. This would all support a better structure for Epic.

The perfect elevation map size was the old elevation map.

If provided enough room for a few pmks, and the 3 main kingdoms.

I disagree with the notion that PMK's should be above in any way the 3 template kingdoms, they should supplement them.

Limited room for PMK's due to the templates still being around forces old and dying pmk's to either fight, or go back into the earth, for a new pmk to rise.

Template kingdoms encourage cooperation and negotiation with people you would normally not, and civil wars are sometimes the best thing in the game. The drama and glitz of Templates was always more entertaining than the deadpan PMK groups filled with people who know each other. Having to join one kingdom, just because you do not like the other kingdom, its fun.

• Like 1

Make Elevation a challenge server or at least reset the damn thing every year or so to keep things fresh.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Make Elevation a challenge server or at least reset the damn thing every year or so to keep things fresh.

Might be what you are looking for?

People really, don't even want Hota, it just made things worse over time. If one kingdom was stronger than the rest, they had all the hotas, snowballing their strength and becoming even more richer in moon metals. 

We need smth that makes sense to compete fairly, something that even smaller kingdoms can have a chance to win at, but not a flat hota like on elevation where's it's down to numbers and hellhorses, and 1 arrow in your horse. 

I'd still like to see challenge-style maps on Jackal, Seris, or Valrei, with appropriate scenery and mobs....