Sign in to follow this  
Nikko

Ebony Wand error 1.7 update fixed it

The wand issue you can circumvent by loading up a cart full of crates and using the wand while you're driving the cart.  At least, that's what is working for us right now. 

i've just started getting the "wand full" error too, weird considering it wasnt happening earlier on this avo

On 8 May 2018 at 2:04 AM, Ethyrea said:

The wand issue you can circumvent by loading up a cart full of crates and using the wand while you're driving the cart.  At least, that's what is working for us right now. 

That didnt work at all. Kept giving me the message cart and wand both full, removed crates and it allowed me to flatten with wand, this is definitely a bug that needs fixing, @Retrogradeif you could make a note and let the developers know, 

much thanks

Your mail issue might be related to the bug where the serverID has changed to 0

If this is the case Fix is here

I was just about to start a thread about the new ebony wand issue when I saw this.  I'll try the trick with a loaded cart and see if it makes any difference.  I'll let you know how it goes...

EDIT:  Yes, it's working for me. I didn't even need to load a cart with crates. Just being the commander makes the ebony wand work properly again. It is very inconvenient, so someone please post if a fix is found. Thanks!

Edited by Batta
  • Like 1

Hi there.

We just tried the cart trick, and all we got was "you need to be on solid ground to do this"

What are we missing ? :)

Valiance and Kaylie.

i loaded an old save because quite frankly i didnt feel like starting over, the result was the gm wand works fine with flattening, when i first came back to wurm after time away from it, it gave me the error about it being full, so i'm not sure if that was the issue, or not.. at least for me,.. i've just tried on the old save and it's working fine now, no need to be mounted or anything else..

We cannot load an old save, we run a large server with a lot of players on it :)

So we need to find another workaround.

We are thinking these people that say its working for them while on a cart has a mod to allow them to dig whilst on a cart. We do not use any such mod.

Valiance and Kaylie.

8 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

We are thinking these people that say its working for them while on a cart has a mod to allow them to dig whilst on a cart. We do not use any such mod.

You are correct in our case.  We have betterdigging installed. (This version says beta, but it's the correct one for our non-beta 1.6.3.4 server.

Thanks for confirmation Batta.

We will wait in the hopes of Codeclub fixing it quickly.

Valiance and Kaylie.

Any word on the ebony wand issue?  It's quite frustrating to be unable to level with it as usual. It's often impractical to work from a cart.

I dont seem to be having this problem when I use the wand. I set aux data to 1 and level also I'm using dig like mining mod. you must flatten the tile your standing on to level. I hope this helps..

3 hours ago, Nikko said:

Fixed in 1.7

Oh thank goodness. That was such a pain.