Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Epic Armour Changes - soon Chaos Armour changes?

49 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Major balances as an epic only feature is a very bad idea,

I suspect major balances are only possible on Epic, without negatively affecting the PVE crowd in some way.  Whatever the solution is going forward, I suspect a pvp solution that is completely disconnected from pve is going to be much more feasible because it's less likely to have unintended effects on the pve players.

8 minutes ago, Sjarn said:

I suspect major balances are only possible on Epic, without negatively affecting the PVE crowd in some way.  Whatever the solution is going forward, I suspect a pvp solution that is completely disconnected from pve is going to be much more feasible because it's less likely to have unintended effects on the pve players.

Epic was always supposed to be slightly experimental, and unique.

Tomes, player gods (iirc), moonmetals, and more were never intended to be on the PVE side of the game as far as I remember. But people demanded them, causing all the unique features to go across server, really sad.

14 minutes ago, Sjarn said:

I'm no coding expert but fairly certain something like armor balances could simply be tied to code saying "if this is a pvp server use these values, else use the old values" considering there are many things already done like this, especially stuff unique to epic being tied to "if this is an epic or challenge server"

But I think armor balance like this would be better for pve too.  Sure it might upset people that want to sell plate more than iron plate already upset them but plate is still valuable while increasing demand for leather studded and chain.  It would also be even better for noob retention if their crappy 50ql leather armor helps them not die to a spider.  I dunno, I just feel the armor balance on epic in general is one of the better balances wurm has seen so far and everyone across the board would be happier with it

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I'm no coding expert but fairly certain something like armor balances could simply be tied to code saying "if this is a pvp server use these values, else use the old values" considering there are many things already done like this, especially stuff unique to epic being tied to "if this is an epic or challenge server"

But I think armor balance like this would be better for pve too.  Sure it might upset people that want to sell plate more than iron plate already upset them but plate is still valuable while increasing demand for leather studded and chain.  It would also be even better for noob retention if their crappy 50ql leather armor helps them not die to a spider.  I dunno, I just feel the armor balance on epic in general is one of the better balances wurm has seen so far and everyone across the board would be happier with it

Which is funny because unique armor types and balance changes were slated from the start of epic in the same update as staves and magick.

I distinctly remember mention of tortoise shells, alligator leather, iron plate, and more.

We are only now getting bits of these.

Time to bump this!

As it is now the ppl without drake/scale are so gimped it's not even fun to go outside and try to do anything if you arn't outnumbering your enemys by a factor of 2.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2018 at 1:31 PM, MrGARY said:

I just feel the armor balance on epic in general is one of the better balances wurm has seen so far and everyone across the board would be happier with it

+1

Edited by Xallo

This needs a weekly reminder that the devs are cucking us

At least then Rifts might be more popular on Chaos since glimmer chain = great

If skills went back and forth between Epic and Chaos(Freedom) then we probably wouldn't have this conversation.

#redundant