Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Interest in Wurm trading site

Wurm trading site  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Wurm trading site is a good idea?

2. 2. How often would you use it?

• Every day
    • Few times per week
    • Few times per month to once per week
    • Few times per year to once per month
    • Never
  3. 3. How would you use it?

• Instead of forums and trade chat
    • In addition to forums and trade chat
    • In addition to forums, but no trade chat
    • In addition to trade chat, but no forums
    • I wouldn't use it

If it would replace the market section of the Wurm forum and would enhance it, I can imagine it to be awesome. Better search options and overview of what is sold, like an auction house... a nice and easy way to set up a clearly arranged shop... I think we would all benefit from that.

As an additional site it would just split the community and make it even harder to find something, since not everyone would be using both but one or the other.

i must say the current system of trade channel and forums is not by anycurve perfect but it is established and it doesn't er and doesnt have a steep learning curve nor is it faulted beyond use.. i adapted easily as a new player and so do others what makes you think that you can get enough people to use it that already shy away from the established forums.. I don't see much help and though intentions are good the chance of screwing up the current system is too great but yes i would use it if it improved the situation.. only then though..

The current system could use some improvements - manually running forum auctions is a pain.  Having said that, if I have to register on some other site, I just won't bother.  It's bad enough having separate game and forum accounts, I'm not signing up to yet another site for something I only need some of the time.

TLDR; integrate it into the official game stuff or don't bother.

A proper ingame auction system with set parameters would of course be fantastic. Set buyout price, set timer, set reserve, and you can only bid if you actually have the cash in your ingame bank.

It would be so fantastic that it's been requested for a long time, and quite frankly, I have given up any hope that it would ever happen.

In that case, yes, an improved version, whether its third party or not, of the forum auctions we can do, is a welcome change. I've seen quite a few auctions where there have been questionable forum accounts jacking up prices and then retracting their bids, timers getting extended or mystical reserves not getting met after reaching 10 times the starting bid, private bids tripling the price of something.... Because the forum has no real support for this kind of stuff.

• Like 1

A in game auction system would drive silver sales through the wurm store too I would imagine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alyeska said:

A proper ingame auction system with set parameters would of course be fantastic. Set buyout price, set timer, set reserve, and you can only bid if you actually have the cash in your ingame bank.

It would be so fantastic that it's been requested for a long time, and quite frankly, I have given up any hope that it would ever happen.

In that case, yes, an improved version, whether its third party or not, of the forum auctions we can do, is a welcome change. I've seen quite a few auctions where there have been questionable forum accounts jacking up prices and then retracting their bids, timers getting extended or mystical reserves not getting met after reaching 10 times the starting bid, private bids tripling the price of something.... Because the forum has no real support for this kind of stuff.

You make some very good points.  I also think what JakeRivers mentioned on the first page might be a good system for Wurm.

Medievia had a system that was fun, anonymous, and useful.   It was an in-game auction channel that sellers would submit items into (for a small fee).  You bid right there, in-game, through a command system.  The auctions only lasted a few minutes.  If you won, the item was delivered via mail.  If the item didn't sell, the seller can put it right back in queue at any time.  That worked for a few reasons: anonymity for the buyers (important), buyers watching the auction channel for good deals, instant gratification for both the buyer and seller, and you could then extrapolate long term stats on items if you wanted.  The system would not support out-of-game transfers like account sales. 

Documentation is found here and here.

Edited by Finndar

We don't need a Wurm trading site, the player base is too small to have one imo. Better to make a wurm cosmetic shop like what someone suggested last year :