Sign in to follow this  
VirusMD

Friendship Bay Summer Impalong 2018 (Friend-A-Long)!

Well here we are at the end my friends, we had alot of fun, imped and casted a ton of stuff, abused each other with fish and other such nonsense, had countless battles in the arena with the GM's, slayed countless sea serpents, demons of sol, nogumps, death crawlers, slimes and all the more common mobs. Even a few avatars were slain! The arena in general was a blast! Thank you so much to the GM's for doing there best to keep us distracted from the task at hand Especially Retro, Astarte, and Enki who made many appearances and provided some fun trivia games and stuff as well. In terms of prizes we gave out 73 rare's, 3 supreme's, 28 Various PVP kingdome banners and flags, A TC wagon, hell horses, nearly a dozen large boats, and some other misc prizes for events etc. In terms of casts I estimated we put at least 2,500 70+ casts out there and nearly 4500 items imped over the days. Turned at least a dozen items rare, and 2 supremes on my watch alone. This being my first impalong hosting I learned many things, made many new friends and have a full list of updates, changes, and additions i want to make for future events. Also a special thanks to the impalong vets for sharing there wisdom and helping me watch for the totally expected abusers. On that note i only confiscated about 100 items, from folks who thought they were more clever then the vets at this sort of thing. So thank you all for your vigilance without you these things would prob be alot less fun.

All items have now been returned via Mail assuming they were properly tagged or in someones room.

Hope to see you all again next year with some significant improvements to the event!

Some parting words:

And now for some event photos!

Hello again everyone! I'm here to Officially announce the Summer Friend-A-Long, Hosted by The Academy Network Alliance of Pristine and Dragon Beard Markets! Many of you have known about this for some time and has been eluded to on the Market Thread, but as of now we are set for the end of July. Some of you may be asking what is an Impalong? Well basically is a community event where everyone gets together to imp and cast for other folks for free! Anyone can come, anyone can help imp. The only real restrictions is on channeling skill. We have already built a dedicated deed for the event, collected a massive amount of materials, cotton, body bags, booze and cake (maybe cake) for the event! 

Please dock on the EAST end of the deed, where the signs are and the land is packed.

IF your getting your boat imped then park on the WEST end of the deed, but PLEASE try to park in a fashion that is easy for the impers to get you boats. and please enable everyone may be passenger to make it easier for them to imp, so they dont have to swim. I fully expect them to skip boats that cant do these simple things.

• When: July 27th-30th Midnight AKST 2018
  • Where: Pristine, T16, Friendship Bay deed.
  • Map: https://prnt.sc/jdif1w - In game Map location.
  • Map: https://prnt.sc/jdifka - Map from latest dumps.
  • You can also plot to Friendship Bay from the highway network nearly anywhere on pristine.
  • What to bring: Anything you want Imped, Casted, bloods mixed, your imbues applied, Mendings, etc, if it can be improved we can prob handle it here.

Friendship Inn:

The inn is capable of bedding 80 characters in 70 secure rooms with storage options. If you need a secure room for your stay please make a post requesting a room, be sure to include your character(s) names in the post. There is also a large peice of land set aside for "Tent City" Just up the hill from the Friendship Bay Deed.

The Deed:

The imping hall itself it a 5 floor pottery building with slate/marble decor. with 3 floors dedicated to various tasks. The First floor is the Smithing area, with 24x forges nestled together in a large group in the center, in the corners you will find some relaxing area's to afk/get out of the way in along with stairwells to the other floors. The second floor is for Non smithing related imps, broken into 4 main area's depending on the skill used. The 3rd floor is the Casting/sermon floor. At previous impalongs I've always found the lack of altars frustrating. I've designed this floor around solving that problem. I've broken all the spells into 4 main groups, based on the spell/priests that cast it. each group has at least 2-4 dedicated altars PER priest for that category, the more common priest like vyn/nahjo have at least 15 altars each on that floor! All organized into corners, In the center of it all is another ring of altars, surrounding a rare altar for the sermon goers, and the building is designed in such a way, that everyone below you should be counted as listeners for HUGE faith ticks! We also took full advantage of the new containers, almost eliminating the need for coffins for item storage and overflow. At this time we have about 190,000 Veggies available for saccing, 28k of witch still needs chopping. So if you have a 35+ cooking and feel like donating some time chopping, PM me!

Some photo's:

Spoiler

https://prnt.sc/jdi06s - Forge Area.

https://prnt.sc/jdi0o4 - Stairwells.

https://prnt.sc/jdi0zw - 4x Stations for various non smithing related work.

https://prnt.sc/jdi1lh / https://prnt.sc/jdi1wr / https://prnt.sc/jdi29a / https://prnt.sc/jdi2na -  Casting Stations.

https://prnt.sc/jdi2vq - Sermon Altars in the center.

https://prnt.sc/jdi3hc - Battle Arena seen from the imping hall roof.

https://prnt.sc/jdi6vs - Battle Arena.

https://prnt.sc/jdi5bf - Imping Hall main entrance.

https://prnt.sc/jdi4ru - Friendship Inn Floor Layout (70 Rooms capable of bedding 80 Characters).

https://prnt.sc/jdi42v - Friendship Inn Bar/Lounge Area. - All the booze was brewed by the great Fenimore who left us some time ago, but I manage to salvage it all from his deed when it fell back in October

https://prnt.sc/jdi3rm - North view from Friendship Inn roof.

https://prnt.sc/jdi6nh - Deed shot (View from South)

https://prnt.sc/jdi7a1 - Deed shot (View from West)

https://prnt.sc/jdi7ho - Deed shot (View from North)

Goals:

Imping 70+

Casts 70+

What is expected of you as a patron:

• Be polite and be respectful
  • Dont forget to NAME ALL YOUR ITEMS! Cant stress this enough. Anything not properly named is likely to be lost or stuffed in an overflow bin, and once moved with no name, there is no way to identify it as yours.
  • You do NOT need to label them with what cast you want, just your name. Just make sure you place them in the correct container.
  • Do NOT abuse people's generosity! Dont bring 10 or even 5 of the same item for imping/casting. The only real exception to this might be horse shoes. Anyone caught taking advantage will forfeit there items and be asked to leave.
  • Do NOT sell items that were done for you at the impalong. Its about helping people out, not taking advantage of someone else's work to put coin in your pocket.
  • Getting items casted is at your own risk! Thoe the priest will be required to have at least 80 channeling and demonstrate so with there 70+ title. Shatters can and will happen at an event like this. Item quality plays a big in this so if your going to get something casted, consider imping it first.
  • If you need a secured room for your stay, be sure to reserve one in advance, otherwise follow the signs up the hill to the location set aside for "Tent City" there is a guard tower nearby for when a GM tries to kill you.
  • You should not need to pick any items up that are not your (nor will you be able to) If your items are moved to overflow please contact a "Wurm Lord"
  • Also feel free to help imp items even if you don't have that skill to 70. The only real restriction is channeling. Everyone is welcome to help out!

What is expected as an Imper or Caster at the Friend-A-Long:

• All of the above +
  • Please name your lumps/materials if you have to put them back in the forge etc
  • 70+ in your imping skills of choice is recommended but feel free to chip in with whatever skills you have for imping.
  • -OR-
  • 80+ Channeling skill is required to be permitted to cast on other people's items. You should be sure to wear your 70+ channeling title

Materials Provided:

Spoiler

Material / Quantity / Who donated:

---------------------------------------------

70Q Copper

3,000x VirusMD
70Q Rock Shards 500x VirusMD
70Q Cloth Strings 3,000x Ladygodiva, Hailene
70Q Tin 1,500x Xor, VirusMD
Kindling 500x VirusMD
Peat 1,549x VirusMD
70Q Marble Shards 500x VirusMD
70Q Iron 5,000x VirusMD, Ladygodiva, Xor/Stevelee, Amath
70Q Clay 1,000x Zeldagold, Amath
99Q Garlic 111,152x Hailene, Almostsolitude, VirusMD, Ladygodiva
70Q Steel 5,000x VirusMD, Almostsolitude, Hailene, Serraphine, Tilda
70Q Zinc 1,000x VirusMD, Almostsolitude
70Q Yarn 2,000x Ladygodiva
75Q Logs 1,200x Almostsolitude, Amath
70Q Gold 3,000x Tamat, VirusMD, Samvimes, Ladygodiva
70Q Brass 2,000x Ladygodiva, Xor, Serraphine, VirusMD, Almostsolitude, Savagitarius
70Q Bronze 2,000x Ladygodiva, Xor, Serraphine, VirusMD, Almostsolitude, Savagitarius
70Q Lead 2,000x Xor/Keyos
70Q Silver 3,000x VirusMD, Xor, Ladygodiva, Samvimes
70Q Leather 1,000x

Ladygodiva

Material Donations:

Spoiler

100q Hides 450x - Keyos

90q Iron 2000x - Shydow. Thank you Shydow for your generous discount on 90/95/100q Iron!

300x 85q Logs, 300x 90q Logs - Baloo

50,000 100q Garlic - Ehizellbob. Thank you bob for this excessive donation! The gods will be fat even for there standards!

300x 95q Iron, ~100 95Q+ Logs - Donated by Brandonsf

10,000 100Q Garlic - Kushier

.30kg of Source Salt for mixing - Smackeddown

600x 80q Logs - Donated by Paradise Harbour (Jimbean) - T8 Newspring, Xanadu

600x 90q Logs - Donated by Paradise Harbour (Jimbean) - T8 Newspring, Xanadu

1200x 85q Iron - Donated by Paradise Harbour (Jimbean) - T8 Newspring, Xanadu

600x 92q Iron - Donated by Paradise Harbour (Jimbean) - T8 Newspring, Xanadu

338x 100q Iron - Donated by Brandonsf

300x 97q Iron - Donated by Brandonsf

280x 85q Logs - Donated by Jaz

900x 70-85q Logs - Donated By Samvimes

Prizes Donated:

Spoiler

An 85q Fo runed, Knarr - Donated by Shadyone

90Q Steel Shield - Donated by Brandonsf

A 50q Cog - Donated by Cormall

A 51q Corb - Donated by Welmari

A Corbita - Donated By Kunibert

A Wolf Vs Bison Hota - Donated by Evening

7x Rare Weapons - Donated by Xor

1x JK Tall Kingdom Banner - Donated By Smackeddown

2x JK Kingdom Banner - Donated By Smackeddown

2x JK Kingdom Flag - Donated By Smackeddown

2x Macedon Kingdom Banner - Donated By Smackeddown

2x Macedon Kingdom Flag - Donated By Smackeddown

Rare File, Zinc - Donated by Dragonshearts

Mask of the Isles - Donated by Dragonshearts

Supreme Huge Axe - Donated By VirusMD

Supreme Dredge - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Spindle  (Enchanted) - Donated By VirusMD

2x Rare Stone Chisel (Enchanted) - Donated By VirusMD

3x Rare Grindstone (Enchanted) - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Bee Smoker - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Longsword - Donated By VirusMD

2x Rare Rope Tool (Enchanted) - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Small Maul, Iron - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Spatula (Enchanted) - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Grooming Brush (Enchanted) - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Breast Plate, Iron - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Large Anvil, Brass - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Breast Plate, Steel - Donated By VirusMD

2x Rare Long spear, Oak - Donated By VirusMD

Rare Cheese Drill - Donated By VirusMD

2x Rare Whetstone - Donated By VirusMD

Mask of the Enlightened - Donated By VirusMD

Mask of Rebirht - Donated By VirusMD

Yule Goat (Original) - Donated By VirusMD

Yule Reindeer (Original) - Donated By VirusMD

A TC Wagon + 6 flags - Donated By Moirai

Rare Small Shield - Donated By Ladygodiva

Rare toolbelt - Donated By Ladygodiva

Rare Saddle - Donated By Ladygodiva

List of Staff Members:

Spoiler

Host: VirusMD / Dragon Beard Markets

Co-Host: Academy Network Alliance

Wurm-Lords (Friend-A-Long Managers):

Shrimpiie

Tuga?

Punishlife

Margus

Ladygodiva

Xallo

Alyeska

List of Registered Impers:

Spoiler

Floaters (Can do everything):

Galatyn (Blood Mixing)

Williamwierd

Pingpong

Blacksmithing:

BrandonSF

VirusMD

Hailene

Demonix

MissWilc

NeeNee

Hexd

Bloodscythe

Ninjarubberduck

Ladygodiva

Moirai

Freddykrueger

Aetherwalker

Permo

Kelody

Anarres

Mrjonnyboy

Teebomb

Finnn

Welmari

Ammar

Bowery:

Cambriaa

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Capentry:

BrandonSF

VirusMD

Hailene

Cambriaa

MissWilc

Shrimpiie

Hexd

Punishlife

Bloodscythe

Ninjarubberduck

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Permo

Kelody

Chaoskiller

Anarres

Dragonhead

Mrjonnyboy

Teebomb

Finnn

Ammar

Mrcoolman

Chain Smithing:

Hailene

Demonix

Hexd

Ladygodiva

Moirai

Freddykrueger

Aetherwalker

Finnn

Welmari

Ammar

Mrcoolman

Cloth Tailoring:

Cambriaa

MissWilc

Shrimpiie

Bloodscythe

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Kelody

Xagru

Fine Carpentry:

VirusMD

Hailene

Cambriaa

Hailene

MissWilc

Ninjarubberduck

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Kelody

Chaoskiller

Anarres

Teebomb

Finnn

Ammar

Mrcoolman

Jewelry Smithing:

Hailene

Demonix

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Welmari

Ammar

Leatherworking:

Hailene

MissWilc

Shrimpiie

Hexd

Bloodscythe

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Permo

Kelody

Finnn

Welmari

Ammar

Mrcoolman

Masonry:

VirusMD

Hailene

NeeNee

Punishlife

Bloodscythe

Ninjarubberduck

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Xor

Anarres

Teebomb

Welmari

Ammar

Mrcoolman

Plate Smithing:

VirusMD

Hailene

Demonix

Ladygodiva

Moirai

Aetherwalker

BDCKoolaid

Agememnon

Welmari

Ammar

Pottery:

Hailene

MissWilc

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Shield Smithing:

BrandonSF

Hailene

Demonix

Hexd

Ladygodiva

Moirai

Aetherwalker

Permo

Welmari

Ammar

Mrcoolman

Ship Building:

Ryli

Hailene

Aetherwalker

Kelody

Ammar

Stone Cutting:

NeeNee

Tuga

Ladygodiva

Aetherwalker

Mrcoolman

Weapon Smithing:

Hailene

Demonix

Ladygodiva

Moirai

Aetherwalker

Finnn

Welmari

Ammar

List of Registered Priests:

Spoiler

AlexofCorova (VirusMD)- Vynora (93)

Japiker (Tuga) - Vynora (90)

Jaggy (Margus) - Vynora

Alyeska - Najo (90+)

Silvertail (Robbinman) - Nathan (90+)

Xor - Nahjo

Galatyn - Nahjo (95+)

Blackfoot (Chaoskiller) - Paa

Biff (Welmari) - Nahjo (83+)

Event Lists/Signup Lists:

Spoiler

The classic Fish Duel! - RANDOM RARE/PRIZE GIVEAWAY! How it works: in between events i (VirusMD) will wander around looking for active people, imping, casting, etc. I will attempt to trade them a fish, if you accept you then report to the fish slapping chamber, remove your gear, equip the fish, turn on autofight, and spar until one of you hits the other first in the secret spot ive chosen for that fight ahead of time.

Gratz:

Spoiler

Deed Layout, Teraforming and Design:-VirusMD

Arena Design and Construction:-VirusMD, Sprout donation by Seraphine and Almostsolitude

Building Material Collection:-VirusMD, Ladygodiva, Almostsolitude, Goldfinch, Pagsiu, Explora, Tilda, Cindylou

Inn Contruction:-Explora, Ladygodiva, Goldfinch

Imping Hall Contruction:-VirusMD, Ladygodiva

Inn Interior Design:-Goldfinch, with support Almostsolitude, Tilda, Cindylou, and VirusMD

Imping Hall Interior Design:-VirusMD, with support from Ladygodiva, Pagsiu, and Almostsolitude

Edited by VirusMD
never ending
  • Like 9

Very nice Virus!

Ryli will be there to Improve boats. 90 skill

Bobyli will bring a Larder or two to feed the hungry.

Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

I can prolly make it :) Can do some Shield smithing, BS, Carp and the like. I'll mine y'all some ores as well

• Like 1

Good reason to visit the pristine lands of Pristine!

• Like 2

Look forward to it! Sign me up for everything by cloth tailoring and toymaking.

• Like 1

Sign me up - I do anything with a forge. I may even bring a few barrels of whiskey and vodka!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobyli said:

Very nice Virus!

Ryli will be there to Improve boats. 90 skill

Bobyli will bring a Larder or two to feed the hungry.

Looking forward to it!

3 hours ago, BrandonSF said:

I can prolly make it :) Can do some Shield smithing, BS, Carp and the like. I'll mine y'all some ores as well

3 hours ago, Hailene said:

Look forward to it! Sign me up for everything by cloth tailoring and toymaking.

2 hours ago, Demonix said:

Sign me up - I do anything with a forge. I may even bring a few barrels of whiskey and vodka!

Thank you all, skills noted

I can likely be there on the weekend! Sign me up for not too high quality (but getting there!) masonry, stone cutting, and blacksmithing. And if I give myself enough time, I'll bring snacks, too. 

• Like 1

Bumpity bump, that place looks familiar :) Looking forward to it and will chat later about anything else useful I might be able to do, it's gonna be fun!

Sign me up! Carp, fine carp, bowery and cloth tailoring please

• Like 1

I can't resist an Impalong, especially if it's named Friend-a-long :)

I can help with leather, cloth, BS, carp and fine carp, pottery, probably more by the time it rolls around.

I'm also pretty good at just jumping in where things are piling -- so work me how you want to

Wilca

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cambriaa said:

Sign me up! Carp, fine carp, bowery and cloth tailoring please

6 hours ago, MissWilc said:

I can't resist an Impalong, especially if it's named Friend-a-long :)

I can help with leather, cloth, BS, carp and fine carp, pottery, probably more by the time it rolls around.

I'm also pretty good at just jumping in where things are piling -- so work me how you want to

Wilca

ty both, skills noted

14 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I can likely be there on the weekend! Sign me up for not too high quality (but getting there!) masonry, stone cutting, and blacksmithing. And if I give myself enough time, I'll bring snacks, too. 

noted :)

I can help with imping of Carp, Fine carp, Chain smithing, shield smithing, black smithing, masonry and leatherworking.

Also willing to donate on behalf of Legion of Anubis.. 5 banners, 5 flags and 5 tall banners as mini prizes for some of your games :)

• Like 3

Also need to know how many people on each muffin pushing team? Need to start training up the LoA olympic muffin pushing team so they are fully prepared ;D

• Like 2

Punishlife signing up as staff (i'm a good boi, shriimpie press ganged me into it last time and it was actually... fun)
Can also imp carp 93 , fletch 94 (DONT YOU DARE MAKE ME DO IT) and masonry 85

Also, can stream the events on twitch for those that can't attend, so they can watch.. because its no fun to miss out

• Like 6

Consider me where needed in areas of leatherworking, preferably blacksmithing, carpentry, masonry, or cloth tailoring are all viable for impalong as well

17 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

Consider me where needed in areas of leatherworking, preferably blacksmithing, carpentry, masonry, or cloth tailoring are all viable for impalong as well

added to the roster, thank you :)

On 5/5/2018 at 7:16 AM, Ninjarubberduck said:

Hi u can sign me up for

Carp, Finecarp, Masonry and Blacksmithing imps :ph34r:

sorry i missed you, its my fear of ducks in spandex, dont ask....

Edited by VirusMD
  • Like 1

Sign up my alt Moirai for WSing, CAS, SS, BS, and PAS (if steel provided). Great excuse to top off those [3x] from Epic. :D

Let me know if you need help staff-wise. :)

(I'll bring some TC stuff btw. I'll figure out quantities later)

Edited by Xallo

4 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Sign up my alt Moirai for WSing, CAS, SS, BS, and PAS (if steel provided). Great excuse to top off those [3x] from Epic. :D

Let me know if you need help staff-wise. :)

(I'll bring some TC stuff btw. I'll figure out quantities later)

Noted, and yes we could def use someone with your experience on the staff side. Once we have a basic list of staff ill get with everyone and try and flesh out some loose schedules

I don't know that I can make it for certain right now, but do you need anything else? more strings, cotton, etc? I will look around for stuff to donate!

5 minutes ago, PandyLynn said:

I don't know that I can make it for certain right now, but do you need anything else? more strings, cotton, etc? I will look around for stuff to donate!

mainly we need veggie choppers right now, but we could also use some random donations for prizes for event or just whatever. In terms of materials shrimpiie suggested we up the strings/yarn so were already stared on strings, perhaps you could do something 70 yarn related? or high q materials. No reason to stop at 70 right? whatever you feel like doing really :)