Sign in to follow this  
Joelle

Staggered Seasons

I've had discussions with people many times in the past about this topic and just realized that I'd never formally suggested it, so here goes:

Seasons in wurm should be staggered per server. For example, when it's winter on Pristine, it could be summer on Release.

This has many potential benefits. For one, harvest times would differ per server and if players want to harvest a certain something at any time, they can search (maybe with their almanac?) for which server it's in season on.

Another benefit might be escaping winter. When fall hits, I cringe, because I know winter is coming and there's nothing I can do about it. But wouldn't it be cool if, when fall hits, I could plan to travel to my "summer home" on another server?

I believe staggering seasons would add so much to the game, and I'd love to hear your ideas about this suggestion. :)

• Like 3

I would not have a problem with this as it would add further variation to the Wurm experience.. In addition, it may even encourage cross-server travel and in turn cross-server trade.

Not everyone can log in every single day so the idea would allow a player to 'catch the harvest' when they log on and not have to wait for another 6 weeks..

Well the winter is like 5 days max, and already now Xanadu is behind (like on last it was the apple harvest that started after Release).

I think we have to stick to the Wurm-time, but ok, let's pretend Pristine is Australia!

(Our map is well flat?)