Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Poll Wurm Veteran Status

Poll: How long have you played Wurm for?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Of the below year amounts or brackets, select how long you have been playing Wurm Online

• New
    • Fairly New (2-11 Months)
    • Novice (1 Year)
    • Adept (2 Years)
    • Trader (3-4 Years)
    • Legionary (5-6 Years)
    • Lord/Lady (7-8 Years)
    • King/Kingess (8-9 Years)
    • Emperor/Emperoress (10-11 Years)
    • Demigod(ess) (11-12 Years)
    • God/Goddess (12+ Years)

On 09/05/2018 at 2:00 AM, Kabill said:

START OF GOLD 1 BABY

Miss you Kabikk

???????

???????

???????

???????

???????

???????

• Like 2

Legionary (5-6 Years)   47 person

What happend back then, when soo many ppl come to game ?

Devs look it up and make it happen again :)

9 hours ago, Maiya said:

Epic was still popping, Freedom had a new cluster.. all was good 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maiya said:

Wurm officially left beta in Dec 2012. We got a ton of new models, we got multi-story housing, and we got a new server named Pristine, named for the obvious reasons that it was a new server and also that was untuouched by the economy and skilled accounts of the main Freedom cluster as it was unattached when it was released. Shortly after that we got Release, also named as such because it was a new release? Anyway that was also attached to the new cluster with Pristine. So you Had the Epic Cluster, the main Freedom cluster, and the new Freedom Cluster with the two Freedom clusters eventually combined in 2014 with the addition of Xanadu in the middle.

• Like 1

Also around that time WoW went to Sht, literally with crappy expansions and folks left fed up with the bs.  Few other games was released, some folks went to those ( and some that i've talked to in game ) came to wurm.

• Like 1

[22:11:51] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 3 of the starfall of Fires, 1011. That's 2679 days, 1 hour and 8 minutes ago.
[22:11:51] You have played 274 days, 6 hours and 42 minutes.

23 hours ago, Maiya said:

now after these answer i remember :)

14 hours ago, Holar said:

Epic was still popping, Freedom had a new cluster.. all was good 

Epic yes .....ohh yah these new servers for only new characters ....well please I change my mind dont let these happend again ./

12 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

Wurm officially left beta in Dec 2012. We got a ton of new models, we got multi-story housing, and we got a new server named Pristine, named for the obvious reasons that it was a new server and also that was untuouched by the economy and skilled accounts of the main Freedom cluster as it was unattached when it was released. Shortly after that we got Release, also named as such because it was a new release? Anyway that was also attached to the new cluster with Pristine. So you Had the Epic Cluster, the main Freedom cluster, and the new Freedom Cluster with the two Freedom clusters eventually combined in 2014 with the addition of Xanadu in the middle.

right :) multistory house drew many back im sure.....and yes lots come with new servers .....those are all alts today maybe lol (well not all but many )

8 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Also around that time WoW went to Sht, literally with crappy expansions and folks left fed up with the bs.  Few other games was released, some folks went to those ( and some that i've talked to in game ) came to wurm.

true WoW made its misstake  in my opinion

So now when I got my memory back :)

please dont make new servers dont split us up even more 

(Wish I could find out something that would help Wurm  to get a bigger playerbase again) 

• Like 1

Started in Gold 2, but 'Dragonhead' isn't my oldest char. 'Benie' would be my oldest (which is owned by my friend who's been in Wurm much longer than I have), but it was about that same year (2008).
I've been off and on. Took a long hiatus in 2011. Came back 2015.

Very interesting to see/read about when you all started Wurm. I can actually remember my first hour or so in the game when I tried to run up mountain slopes in GV and shortly came stumbling back down to the bottom when running out of stamina. It was quite puzzling to me as to how anyone could get up these mountainsides. Then about a hour later I got so lost in the woods due to no compass *map* that I just left Ayes abandoned somewhere unknown and started another character. Then about a week later when I could understand directions a bit more I started playing Ayes as my main character once again.

=Ayes=

[20:26:12] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 1 of the starfall of Fires, 989. That's 3628 days, 7 hours and 14 minutes ago.

Thursday, 19th of June 2008

I found Wurm around mid 2005 and played all beta maps, from that point, until gold in 2006, mostly as hermit and with my casual friend who came to help some of last maps. I meet some fellow Danes, Lisjoan and Helge, Lisjoan were only one remembering me in 2009, I think most other I meet quit already.

Notch were the dev active on forum and he didn't have any visions for Wurm and once expressed how he were scared that wurm went to popular. So when you had to pay 10$ for premium I didn't find it was worth it with the many bugs at release.

In 2009 I read an article about wurm and how Notch had left so I created Sandyar again and few weeks later Rolf announced closing of home servers and opening of Freedom. I have now played since.

Alpha Map 3 for me, pretty much the first thing I saw in chat was Horton recruiting for Whosville

[22:02:24] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Tears, week 3 of the starfall of Diamonds, 980. That's 4036 days, 7 hours and 26 minutes ago.

Been prem ever since the option was there, even when  I took breaks.

I refuse to admit what my actual play time is though........

• Like 3

Just wanted to post saying thank you to the 205 players that have voted in the poll! That is actually quite a bit, and if you go off the premium player count that is close to 10%. (I know alts are counted in that).

These results are helpful in long term analytics for wurm, and identifying what made people join and stay over the years.

Started wurm around the age of 13 I believe. Playing for a long with just 20 for my skills. I had no means of paying for games online on my own and my parents always believed that you had to pay monthly for were rip offs. I played until I was 20 in almost every skill and then tried getting silver. No luck back then and quit. The game was perfect though, look up and click 3 times to mine. Look down and do homework. 1 minute later i would finish mining (non prem nub) and do it again. eventually I got the advice to make bricks and after reaching 500 bricks with my crap tools, I saw that making 5000 bricks a month would not have been worth it (Actually i think a little less than 5000 back then). I left until I could pay for the game once again.