Sign in to follow this  
FranktheTank

Poll Wurm Veteran Status

Poll: How long have you played Wurm for?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Of the below year amounts or brackets, select how long you have been playing Wurm Online

• New
    • Fairly New (2-11 Months)
    • Novice (1 Year)
    • Adept (2 Years)
    • Trader (3-4 Years)
    • Legionary (5-6 Years)
    • Lord/Lady (7-8 Years)
    • King/Kingess (8-9 Years)
    • Emperor/Emperoress (10-11 Years)
    • Demigod(ess) (11-12 Years)
    • God/Goddess (12+ Years)

I am extremely curious how long everyone has been playing the game, and for data gathering sake for future discussions, it can always help to figure out where we stand on active population play time.

If you are somewhere in between, like 11 years 6 months round up. If you are 11 years and 4 months round down. If you are 11 years and 5 months, pick either.

Edited by FranktheTank
  • Like 2

[16:39:23] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 2 of the starfall of the Leaf, 1009. That's 2769 days and 5 minutes ago.

My oldest character I'm still playing until today (my former main, currently Vynora priest alt):

[22:49:36] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Ant, week 2 of the starfall of Silence, 1006. That's 2868 days, 9 hours and 10 minutes ago.

I remember I started playing during Gold 1, but really got into the game a bit later, around 2011 when I also created my current main I'm playing until today.

So years of actually playing, or how many years ago we started? Many players take breaks xD

Now you should do a poll of who has bought accounts in that time frame. ;)
Just to see how many of the newer players have done so.

My oldest character from the starting days of Golden Valley, just after Gold1 went down; (I still feel like /playtime isn't entirely accurate)
[14:15:16] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of Sleep, week 2 of the Raven's starfall, 998. That's 3219 days, 5 hours and 30 minutes ago.

• Like 3

[17:13:34] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Wrath day, week 1 of the starfall of Fires, 980. That's 3987 days, 15 hours and 50 minutes ago.

I take lots of breaks.

I started in 06? i think. I was just a little rascal back then though, i didn't even have the attention span to properly play until 2010 or so though.

• Like 2

I play sporadically during the last couple of beta maps and G1. But I was always held up by the poor performance of my terrible family PC. It was until about 2 months after G2's release that I properly began my journey into Wurm.  I started playing during my first year of highschool because my now best friend Dilzi kept talking it up. This would have been about 2004 I believe? It put this in perspective, I started as fresh face 13/14 year old and have ended up here as a scowling bitter veteran at the ripe age of 26/27....what am I doing with my life....

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

@Xallo@Alyeskathis one is all yours.

I find the option in this poll to be sexist and therefore will not participate until it is made gender neutral.

2 hours ago, Xor said:

So years of actually playing, or how many years ago we started? Many players take breaks xD

Just time since you first started

4 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

I find the option in this poll to be sexist and therefore will not participate until it is made gender neutral.

Goder

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

@Xallo@Alyeskathis one is all yours.

Psssh, amateurs.

September 2005.

Edited by Rudie
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, revengo said:

2004! Up your game, Rudie.

Reve'go has outdone me.

3 hours ago, Prophetears said:

I started in 06? i think. I was just a little rascal back then though, i didn't even have the attention span to properly play until 2010 or so though.

the good ol days

• Like 1

Interesting how the majority vote right now of 5-6 years, follows the release of Wurm1.0 in Dec. 2012, when the game officially left beta :P

Also for me, circa Feb. 2012:

[20:22:27] You entered through the portal to Wurm on day of the Wurm, week 4 of the starfall of the Digging, 1021. That's 2262 days, 23 hours and 7 minutes ago.

• Like 1

I started on the day of the 1.1 release 19 june 2013

• Like 1

Pretty sure my boy Revengo has me by 2 weeks. 

Edited by Holar

3 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

Interesting how the majority vote right now of 5-6 years, follows the release of Wurm1.0 in Dec. 2012, when the game officially left beta :P

Thought the same and tried to recall, I have to say I never before heard of Wurm even until I read about it on a MMO News Site back then where they announced release and thats when I jumped in and stuck until today with the occasional burnout-avoiding breaks.

Wish I had known of Wurm sooner than that, but oh well. :)

7 hours ago, revengo said:

2004! Up your game, Rudie.

Yeah Rudie! <3

• Like 2

Since we’re doing nostalgia things.. look at those perfect graphics and interface, take me back Daddy Rolf

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Alyeska said:

Updated for Alyeska ;)

Edited by FranktheTank

1 hour ago, FranktheTank said:

Updated for Alyeska ;)

Wtf is a kingess 

• Like 3

Just checked my email and the first mention of it is character creation "Daeryn" was in July 2009, and he premmed a couple of weeks afterwards - though that guy has long since been lost to the sands of time during my ill-fated attempt on the pvp server. The character I play now was created in 2011 apparently, though I take long breaks as I burn out then come back again 6 months later or so.

In 2009 I remember spending ages on a free to play Golden Valley-esque server, where a guy lived like a king on a tiny island he made. In exchange for manual labour, he gave out a single cotton to newer players so they could make a fishing line (as you couldn't have deeds or anything you couldn't hope to grow anything yourself without fortifications and stuff). The struggle of making absolutely anything was huge back then, as any failures created iron scrap rather than just damaging the ingredients.

[08:27:42] You have played 489 days, 20 hours and 55 minutes.

bleh

• Like 2