Sign in to follow this  
Huntar

Keybinds not saving?

As the title says, nothing else to really describe other than I set binds through a console, close the game naturally, open it back up and the bind is default back to normal.

Make sure to unbind the key that you are trying to overwrite first. Unbind via settings, save setting, then bind the new one and save, works this way. 

Had this happen before.

Valiance and Kaylie.

On 5/2/2018 at 5:39 AM, Huntar said:

As the title says, nothing else to really describe other than I set binds through a console, close the game naturally, open it back up and the bind is default back to normal.

This is happening to me, too. Some of the keybinds save correctly, others don't. Some don't show up in the Settings (such as the GM ones), so it's not possible to unbind them from there. If there's another way, I don't know it.

I have had problems with the following:  If you create keybinds in the Console and then go into Wurm Unlimited's settings, especially to the keybinds page, Wurm Unlimited the overwrites the saved keybinds.  The "settings" doesn't seem to get the Console info properly.  It also chokes on some situations where you save the same keybind to multiple keys.

I use a complicated set of keybinds.  My ultimate solution was to create a proper copy of all of my keybinds in a txt file, then have a bat file that I use to delete and replace the keybinding files for all of my alts before I log into Wurm Unlimited.

The nice thing is you can then organize your keybinds in the file and Wurm Unlimited won't randomize them and make finding stuff to change difficult.  You can also use two forward slashes "//" to create comment lines, just like when you use "exec" from the Console.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:46 AM, Wulfrock said:

Make sure to unbind the key that you are trying to overwrite first. Unbind via settings, save setting, then bind the new one and save, works this way. 

Had this happen before.

Valiance and Kaylie.

I've had it happen many time in the past but my previous issue was always me having two clients open at once, or one client stuck in the background tasks despite being closed previously.

My fix for this used to be closing the processes themselves and starting a single client of WU, saving binds, and logging out before logging back in later with saved binds. This always worked, however my current issue isn't resolved in the same manner anymore, not since the most recent WU update.

This time I've had to edit the bind text file itself.