Sign in to follow this  
whykillme

Do you think a better PVE or PVP end-game will keep you and new players in wurm?

Do you think a better PVE or PVP end-game will keep you and new players in wurm?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a better PVE or PVP end-game will keep you and new players in wurm?

• PVP
    • PVE
    • Both PVP and PVE
    • Trading / Market
    • I don't know
    • A whole crafting/skill system rework
    • None of the above

For me it's PvE, the game is as bit lacking in that department if you ask me. Now I should make clear that I consider most of the crafting/terraforming/etc to be part of the sandbox, so I am not putting that under the PvE categorie. Player versus Environment indicates a conflict, like trying to  survive by finding/growing food, or by surviving attacks from wildlife. The game certainly has that, but for the most part the environment in Wurm is quite passive. What I feel it's missing is the more intelligent side of the environment, like goblin or troll tribes, where those creatures actively work together towards certain goals and can become a menace for players.

Other things which might be interesting would be the environment attacking your crops and perhaps animals. Think diseases, insect plagues, etc. Of course these should be slow enough that you can get the chance to counter/fight them off (perhaps while losing a small percentage of your crops in the best case) without needing to be online every day, and they should be rare enough that they don't become too common/annoying/chores.

Though the main reason I'm playing is the sandbox, especially shaping the land and crafting. The number one feature on my wish list would be 3d mines, once that's in game you could also add pregenerated caves, making underground exploration more interesting. Number 2 would be a variable water level underground (and just underground, too many issues with it above ground for obvious flooding reasons), so you could for example tunnel from one island to another as long as you go deep enough.

• Like 1

An end game is not a solution.

A player wants to be surprised, a player wants to be sucked into the game. The game must become more mysterious again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ecrir said:

Though the main reason I'm playing is the sandbox, especially shaping the land and crafting. The number one feature on my wish list would be 3d mines, once that's in game you could also add pregenerated caves, making underground exploration more interesting. Number 2 would be a variable water level underground (and just underground, too many issues with it above ground for obvious flooding reasons), so you could for example tunnel from one island to another as long as you go deep enough.

3D mines would be awesome. :)

19 hours ago, Roccandil said:

I wouldn't mind that, actually. It's not ideal, but I think it's better than what we have.

On the one hand, it would be a horrible kick in the teeth to folks who stuck around as priests (bad)

On the other hand, it would a horrible kick in the teeth to greedy mercentile whales (good)

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Bloodscythe said:

I think this game sorta is like brussel sprouts.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:43 PM, Roccandil said:

I had to like your post just for that!

The Forest Gump philosophy of vegetables. Deep thoughts to be planted...

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I don't think that more end-game options would keep new players in, maybe a whole combat rework with active skills would. but it takes months for new players to get to the end game anyway.

The new UI, tutorial and even improved graphics are way more important for new players.

And what keeps me longer in this game is just the stuff they are adding now, new skills better looks, more options and the reworking of older systems.

new players will not take part of "end game" inmediatly as they start to play, so what is the point of add things for them there?

I'll play pretty much forever no matter what. Wurm is the only game that will ever be Wurm. Too few players are interested in games of this genre and difficulty/tediousness. Established game developers will never get involved with this type of project.

Edited by Chakron

I forgot to ask, Is end game 90+ in all skills with runes that get you 100ql stuff and skill and tools that makes it possible to get 95ql stuff along with good enchants? Is end game the ability to trap all uniques before anybody else can get them? Or is end game easy access to shelter food and water, eliminating all survival aspects and just grinding.

• Like 1

New spells for the newer gods instead of the copy-pasted spells from original gods. Make balance a priority. Like I said before, separate PvE from PvP.

One of the things I liked about this game was the scavenging, but it's almost non-existent with the new permission system, everything is tied to an account unless it's not in a locked container.

Also, what is with people and end-game content? You don't need a reason to stop playing. Just sell your account and items like anybody else and play something else.

• Like 1