Sign in to follow this  
Cuddles

Released One Tile Surface Mining

This is my first publicly released mod.

Enables players to surface mine with just 1 tile exposed.

moved to my compilation topic.

Edited by Cuddles
releasd 1.1 to readd moonmetal imping
  • Like 2

Great mod - My java is rusty at best, how would I set this to 100% success?

Any chance you could reformat this so that it is just an easy "Extract" action, as for other mods?  Usually I can download a mod's zipfile to my Downloads folder, then upload to my hosted server and extract.  Doing this creates a folder with the java file in it, plus a properties file outside the folder, and for some mods also a config file outside the folder.   This mod is not in that format, and there are multiple java files plus everything is 2 levels deep in folders, and extra files not usually included...and it's just too confusing for a non-coder like me.  I don't want to take a risk creating new folders, deleting things that seem extra, or otherwise messing with anything that might break my server.  

you are probably clicking the source code zip files link, that last link on the page is just the mod and properties in a zip file, here is the link

https://github.com/Coldie1975/OneTileMining/files/1963462/OneTileMining.zip

to do 100% yeah just do

minecode=100.0f;

in the properties file it has this

# if you want pure % regardless of skill its a float value so do this for 100% 
#minecode=100.0f;
minecode=Math.max(0.2f, (float)mining.getKnowledge(0.0) / 200.0f);

can just remove the # from #minecode=100.0f;  and put # at start of the weird math code

# if you want pure % regardless of skill its a float value so do this for 100%
minecode=100.0f;
#minecode=Math.max(0.2f, (float)mining.getKnowledge(0.0) / 200.0f);

Edited by Cuddles

yeah been using it for a year or so now, survived a few patches without needing to be updated, which is always nice ?

Hey!

We have enabled so moonmetal items can be imped with steel, but we dont get the option to imp?

Is something wrong in the mod?

hmm haven't had that issue, i'll do some testing on lan. Do you have any other mods that affect imping on server?

Would it be possible to add a config option to disable the "one tile" aspect of this mod? I realize that is the main point, but no other mod exists to alter the surface mining success chance which is my main issue.

Just curious about what this mod does...

When you say 1 tile surface mining do you mean being able to mine rock shards from the surface even if there's non-rock tiles immediately adjacent (so you don't have to clear all that dirt/whatever first), or is this about mining ores from the surface if the cave layer has ore at the relative position you're at on the surface?

(If it's the former then VERY INSTALL. :))

Only a single tile needs to be exposed to surface mine it. So the first of the two things you asked.

you need rock exposed to mine down, you dont need all 4 tiles around a corner to mine down, you just need 1 tile exposed as rock.

So I don't think it fits any situation you mentioned.

This topic is prob out of date though, most current files are on my compilation post. i'll edit this and linky it.

8 hours ago, Ayluin said:

Only a single tile needs to be exposed to surface mine it. So the first of the two things you asked.

Excellent, thanks. That's what I was hoping for. ?

5 hours ago, Cuddles said:

you need rock exposed to mine down, you dont need all 4 tiles around a corner to mine down, you just need 1 tile exposed as rock.

So I don't think it fits any situation you mentioned.

This topic is prob out of date though, most current files are on my compilation post. i'll edit this and linky it.

Sounds like it fits the first scenario I asked about.

true, for some reason i read it as talking about non rock as mining like copper off surface or something, was prob half asleep at the time  lol

One tile works for me, but the mining success rate is always 100%, I have

# if you want pure % regardless of skill its a float value so do  minecode=100.0f; for 100%
minecode=30.0f;
levelfactor=1.0f

I expected 30% success rate.

45 minutes ago, zCat said:

One tile works for me, but the mining success rate is always 100%, I have

# if you want pure % regardless of skill its a float value so do  minecode=100.0f; for 100%
minecode=30.0f;
levelfactor=1.0f

I expected 30% success rate.

That's interesting.  We have ours set to 

minecode=100.0f

levelfactor=1.0f

And we are getting far less than 100% success rate.  I think I'll try your settings and see what happens.