Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Remove random from colour runes

Allow us to pre-dye the addy-runes with the colour we want, if you don't do this it's random like usual.

Addy doesn't grow on trees.

• Like 3

I agree. Everything that could be used to dye large structures we can't carry the dye for has been removed over time and the only thing we have left is this expensive rune that if, and only IF, it actually gets successfully applied will color it randomly. You end up with things like a black colossus in a deed like "Rose Garden"... why not let us decide how we want to color our deeds and larger ships? I don't see the harm in it, as the items are going to end up with dye either way. 

• Like 3

-1 from me, the current mechanic has its surprises, and addy, while expensive, can be made in game almost weekly.

• Like 3

-1 for the same reason as above, I enjoy the randomosity myself.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Anarres said:

-1 from me, the current mechanic has its surprises, and addy, while expensive, can be made in game almost weekly.

18 hours ago, Joelle said:

-1 for the same reason as above, I enjoy the randomosity myself.

cdde758c30c75db094ef748a15883367.png

+1, I too like the randomness of the rune but having the option to pick your own color would be nice

I like that there are items that can't be dyed, and the randomness has made me use up quite a few lumps of addy - id say that's  a good thing. Its not like it gives any benefit so by no means a necesity.

I do want them to work on the sheets of the canopy bed instead of the wood, though, this spiderman blue frame with quilted red sheets its a little too eclectic for me.

• Like 1

Wurm fun police are always on the look out for anything that may create fun.

I played with these runes a ton on the test server and they are really fun, because of the crazy colors you get that you may never of thought of before, but because its using a precious resource there is no way I could justify making up these runes for a whimsical paint job where there is a chance attaching the rune fails or on a successful attach the rune gives a mediocre color or something that is not even close to what you wanted to begin with.

Bring some fun to these runes and change the base metal for creating them. Then people can spend the time making a pile of runes to try for the perfect color. There are so many things you may want to use a color rune on that you can not paint normally, but to justify blowing addy lumps away to color something like an anvil or waystone just does not make sense.

• Like 4

construct.jpg

Moonmetal sink working as intended.

Edited by Aeryck
  • Like 2

What if, as used right now it was random, but if you Dye the rune it instead applies that color?

Being able to dye the rune and then attach it to basically anything for your desired color would defeat the purpose of using dye on anything except the rune. 

I’d imagine dye makers wouldn’t be happy with this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xor said:

Being able to dye the rune and then attach it to basically anything for your desired color would defeat the purpose of using dye on anything except the rune. 

I’d imagine dye makers wouldn’t be happy with this.

Interesting, what if it required a certain amount of dye like 5kgs per rune? You do realize it cost adamantine to make them which isn't cheap? Just allow items under 5kg dye and nothing else, I see what you're saying but there is ways around that.

I always thought the runes were to function as yet another tier of crafting that made items truly unique and flavorful, and I assumed in the case of randomized color it was to waste some of that lovely moon metal for a pretty great effect.

-1 Because of the above, and I love random probability.

Sorry, but if you want to paint something a specific color, there's already a mechanic for that.

1 minute ago, Jberg said:

Sorry, but if you want to paint something a specific color, there's already a mechanic for that.

you do realize some items can't be painted, which requires the use of runes? 

I don't think I explained myself well here, you're all defending rng right now you know? Who does that really?

20 hours ago, Niki said:

you do realize some items can't be painted, which requires the use of runes? 

I don't think I explained myself well here, you're all defending rng right now you know? Who does that really?

What items cannot be painted, but can be runed?

52 minutes ago, Jberg said:

What items cannot be painted, but can be runed?

Wagons, guard towers, fountains, weapons...

Waystones

Tools

Edited by JakeRivers

+1

Never done a colour rune because wurm already has enough praying to rngsus